Bragging Rites...

happymomof2

Knocking on wood as I type this. Son is now on yellow 13. He now has lunch out in the cafeteria. He is making new friends. 7 more school days and he will be on green, which means another class out. It will be 6th period P.E. Which with his 1st class of the day out and last class of the day out he will start riding the regular ed school bus.

At the beginning of this school year from August to December was such a rocky horrible start. I never thought I would see this happen.

Personally I think he has finally realized being out of the Special Education classes is more fun then being in. Over the years all my talking till I was blue in the face about him getting out was a waste of breath. It's all about what is important to them isn't it!!

I am sooooooo proud of him.

slsh

member since 1999
Fantastic news!!! Frustrating that our kids have to have it click for themselves, rather than listen to us (said with tongue in cheek, LOL ;) ) but I think it's really positive that he's figuring this out at 8 and is making such great progress. Thanks so much for sharing - good news is always so good to read! Yeah difficult child!!!!

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
What a wonderful moment you are having!!! It must feel incredible!!! Brag away - you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dara