Can I just vent?

Mandy

Parent In Training
I hope a vent post is okay on this forum...lol

I am so freaking tired today!!! Cole had a bad day yesterday at the sitters, and was throwing chairs around her kitchen and telling her time out was a game...and he thought it was funny. So I went through the apologies to her, and trying to figure out what went wrong. Thank goodness he actually fell asleep on the way home then slept until this morning. He does that sometimes, because some days he will not go asleep until 2am.

Then today me and husband went out to have a nice lunch together and we get in a fight at lunch. As if I already don't have a hard time staying sane these days!! I mean with 3 children (one being difficult child), a job, and a home to take care of... somedays I feel like I am going down with a sinking ship!!!

Thank you for listening and of course any words of encouragement and/or advice is always great!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Clonodine - given at 5:30 PM - will usually knock them out so they CAN sleep by 9:00 PM and allow them to get a full nights sleep so they are LESS inclined to be terror of the kitchen at the sitters.

Also - HOW good is your sitter at diffusing situations like this? You could consider putting him in a daycare that handles kids like him. ????

Yeah - they exist......someone in some daycare somewhere in your town KNOWS how to handle and talk to him.

Hugs

BusynMember

Hi there, hun.
Look, is husband both your children's biological father? Is he good with Cole or does he think you aren't strict enough (a common accusation by husbands far and wide since often they behave their worst for mom--lucky us!) Did you fight over Cole?
Have this child evaluated by a neuropsychologist. Until then, make SURE you get away and take time for yourself. Leave all three kids with hub at night. Have a girl's night out or, if you're more quiet like me, go to the library or a coffee shop and read. Take long baths with fragrant candles and relax. If you are too stressed out, well, you know the T-shirt, and I have it: "If Mom Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy."
You may want to get into therapy just for yourself to help you deal with your load.

Wishing

to me a difficult child is like having 5 kids. They need to be watched so closely. I'm so sorry that you and husband had a fight what should have been a relaxing lunch. You are doing a lot having a job plus 3 young children and one of them a difficult child. I hope you get regular relief that is good for you.

Mandy

Parent In Training
Star~ When I go next month for his evaluation should I ask them abt. the Clonodine? My babysitter has a copy of the Explosive Child that she has been reading and using, but since I am not there ALL day I can not say for sure what is causing his meltdowns. I have been trying to find alternatives for childcare for him also.
midwest~ No husband is not his biological father but we have been together since he was abt. 18mo old and he is only at his father's house 4 days a month(every other weekend). He is totally supportive of using different dicipline techniques and the bad thing is... we weren't fighting over Cole. That is the only thing we agree on lately. I think it's just the stress of baby, cole, work, etc. that we are having problems having a simple conversation. He thinks I am being sarcastic and I am being sarcastic because he accuses me of trying to start a fight when I don't think I am. I think we are just both stresses and not making enough time for eachother or ourselves... I am trying to plan a girl's night out, and spending more time by myself, but I am a having a hard time with the execution part of it!!
wishing~ It IS like having 5 kids!!! UGH!

Thank you for reading my vent! I think I just needed to get it out there!! I was so excited to have a nice lunch and I was so upset it was ruined by a stupid argument:(

Jena

I'm sending hugs also, it's hard to juggle it all and keep your relationship in tact as well. Sometimes you just have to release, let it go and begin again the next day in hopes it will be better which i'm sure it will. :)

Have you tried melatonin for sleep?

M

ML

I'm glad you came here to vent. There's a lot of stress there. Number one is always self care or the rest falls down like a line of dominoes. Great big hugs xoxoxo ML

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, this is a GREAT place to vent. We ALL do it at one point or another. I am glad you felt comfortable enough with us to vent.

It is hard, esp with the pregnancy hormones. Guys really really do NOT get that. (I was preg when i got married. My father and uncle advised my soon-to-be husband that there were only 2 phrases he needed to EVER say to a pregnant woman:

"Yes, Dear."

and

"I am sorry."

Those pretty much cover it all (or they did with me when I was pregnant. I was a MEAN pregnant wife, LOL!)

I hope tomorrow is better all the way around.

Hugs,

Susie

Mandy

Parent In Training
Thank you so much!!! I am so glad I have a place to come where other parents "get it":D husband and I had a really good weekend together and now are making sure we take time for eachother and COMMUNICATE!! LOL

The only bad thing is that me and Cole's dad got into a huge "text" fight.. only because he was too chicken to answer his phone!! It was because he is not sticking to Cole's diet on the weekends he has him and I can tell as soon as Cole comes in the door. He is severly effected by sugar and it definitly more prone to not listen and be defient. It's like his dad thinks its ok to sugar him up and send him back to us to pick up the pieces. Well needless to say... I think we are on the same page now:D

Thanks again for listening!!

Andy

Sometimes makes you wonder why in the world did we want to become adults when we were little? Not as much fun as it looked!

I often wonder why I wanted to have kids. I think I should have just stuck to being aunt, neighbor, Sunday School teacher, day school supporter - whatever.