cardiologist appointment

Jena

HI :)

so i went to the cardiologist today, to be honest expecting them to find nothing yet he found something.

He found a murmur inside my artery, hard to explain the wording yet he thinks it could be a blockage there. So, I have to go Tuesday for a test I forget the name of it to see inside the artery the amt of blockage there and what we have to do about it.

He said surgery can fix it, depending on how bad it is. than tuesday i get the hater put on, than off on wednesday. so he'll clear me after that to go back to work on thursday.

than mid may and end of may i go in for 2 more tests to be done. he asked alot of questoins, yet asked about my dizziness i experience the vertigo my gp has never figured out other than to say go get tested for ms. which i have yet to do.

so, i was surprised to say the least that something was found. He said it was very clear also. it's something about the fact that when the artery isnt' blocked there is no murmur,whereas when it is there is one.

so, we'll see. he also told me to stop smoking. i kinda figured that one. than i come home and easy child and boyfriend upset me. i wish i could just leave for the night.

Estherfromjerusalem

Jena, don't be too alarmed, but please do all the tests, get them done so that they can diagnose and do whatever has to be done.

Unfortunately I am quite the "blocked arteries" lady. I had an angioplasty in my heart and have got two stents in there. Both my left carotid artery (6 years ago) and my right carotid artery (1 year ago) have been blocked but both were operated on and I'm not quite sure but I think there are stents in them too, or something else that holds the arteries open. The latest thing is that I have to undergo a whole slew of tests to check my renal arteries which they suspect might be blocked.

So please do the tests, and take seriously matters like cholesterol and blood pressure. They are important. You are comparatively young for this.

By the way, I am VERY active and live a very very full life. I have been very lucky, especially my cardiologist is wonderful. She specializes in women with heart problems.

Good luck, be well, and keep us informed how you are getting on.

Love, Esther

Jena

Esther,

Hey thank you for sharing all of that, that actually made me feel alot better. Wow, that's alot of clogged and blocked arteries. He told me about the stents that what he said I would need.

So, i guess you find them beneficial? That's great that you are well, and i'm sorry that you have to go for even more testing.

Well, i haven't felt great for a while and i'm finally getting answers which is good instead of just ignoring it all. :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jena,
Do take care of you. I'm glad you are going for the tests. Sorry easy child and boyfriend were upsetting you. Just what you didn't need. Hugs.

Andy

Just for the night? I am so proud of you! After what you have been through, I would wish I could leave for a month.

It seems family are the worse on mom's with health problems. It is like easy child is mad at you for being sick. It is interferring in her teenage life. boyfriend, well, he still is working on "getting it".

You take care of yourself. When easy child and boyfriend get out of line again, send them here - lots of warrior moms to take care of them for you.

Steely

Wow Jena, I am surprised they found such a thing at your young age. Yet, I am glad that they did. That cardiologist must have picked up on something - so I guess I am glad he did keep you from going back to work.

What test did they run to find the murmur? Do you remember the name. Just curious.
Are they doing an angioplasty next week?
I am sure it will all be fine. My friend had a stent placed several years ago, and she was just as active and normal as ever.

Hugs and I am sorry boyfriend and difficult child are being such pains. What did you ever decide to do about the custody of the kids? Did you and boyfriend have all of them now?

Jena

hi guys and thanks :)

Sharon - yes with-o a doubt do not need stress from them!! :)

Andy - Yea, a night away would do me wonders at this point. Yet I'll take what I can get, gotta love my bathroom get aways! LOL.

Steely - It was odd, he just talked to me alot, and I told him some stuff, if you remember last year my gp kept thinking i had ms. He kept pushing me to go to neuro yet I didnt', now i have insurance so im giong to dr.s' and making myself..... :)

so, he listed to my heart basically, and he caught the bruit it's called, it's a sound that comes through when listening to the arteries, there isn't supposed to be a sound. he found it on the right side of my neck, the artery there. Yes I thought odd as well being my age, yet he said based on fact you smoke and are perimonpausal and he said he's not a gyn yet sounds like ihave been for a while, i'm at a higher risk.

So, tuesday i go in and they'll pop a halter on me for a day and than i get a carotid duplex test. which basically will let him see the blood flow into artery and how blocked it is, etc. than from there i guess we'll figure out what to do. they can be dangerous it causes stroke if you do not realize it, or embolism. only due to fact you have 4 in total. 2 on each side. it's often overlooked, yet symptoms can be dizziness, lightheaded, swelling in certain areas, fatigue, tired.

I think i'm lucky to be honest. had that not happened that day i wouldn't of known about it, so i am lucky cause now i can fix it. he did say anyone over 40 who smokes should have yearly stress tests to see exactly how those arteries are functioning.

i also have high cholesterol it seems. i have some changes to make for sure. :)

how are you doing?? do you have health concerns regarding you?? i'm sensing you do

Jena

hi guys and thanks :)

Sharon - yes with-o a doubt do not need stress from them!! :)

Andy - Yea, a night away would do me wonders at this point. Yet I'll take what I can get, gotta love my bathroom get aways! LOL.

Steely - It was odd, he just talked to me alot, and I told him some stuff, if you remember last year my gp kept thinking i had ms. He kept pushing me to go to neuro yet I didnt', now i have insurance so im giong to dr.s' and making myself..... :)

so, he listed to my heart basically, and he caught the bruit it's called, it's a sound that comes through when listening to the arteries, there isn't supposed to be a sound. he found it on the right side of my neck, the artery there. Yes I thought odd as well being my age, yet he said based on fact you smoke and are perimonpausal and he said he's not a gyn yet sounds like ihave been for a while, i'm at a higher risk.

So, tuesday i go in and they'll pop a halter on me for a day and than i get a carotid duplex test. which basically will let him see the blood flow into artery and how blocked it is, etc. than from there i guess we'll figure out what to do. they can be dangerous it causes stroke if you do not realize it, or embolism. only due to fact you have 4 in total. 2 on each side. it's often overlooked, yet symptoms can be dizziness, lightheaded, swelling in certain areas, fatigue, tired.

I think i'm lucky to be honest. had that not happened that day i wouldn't of known about it, so i am lucky cause now i can fix it. he did say anyone over 40 who smokes should have yearly stress tests to see exactly how those arteries are functioning.

i also have high cholesterol it seems. i have some changes to make for sure. :)

how are you doing?? do you have health concerns regarding you?? i'm sensing you do

trinityroyal

Jen, I'm glad to hear that you're getting some clear answers and that the docs are giving you steps to take to address some of your health concerns.

Please do follow all their advice. Heart trouble is nothing to mess around with. The Holter monitor is quite an adventure. I had to wear one for 48 hrs recently, and I felt like someone out of Star Trek, but it provided the cardio with great information.

Stopping smoking and getting your cholesterol under control are probably good ideas anyway, and especially if they will help address the heart issues identified now.

Sorry that easy child and boyfriend are acting up. Maybe you can lock them in the basement to sort it out between themselves (just kidding!)

Sending healing vibes. Take care of yourself.

Trinity

Steely

Hey Jena

I am definitely keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I have many heart issues that I have been struggling with for years - yet a Dr has not picked up on any one thing on a test. Good, but frustrating in terms of me understanding the problem.
I will be following your story closely, so that I can learn and understand more about what I may need to do.
I am also so glad the dr picked up on this, before even you knew it was a problem.

Hugs.

Jena

Jo thanks!!

Trinity - you did, was that the scare you had a bit ago?? Star Trek? So I guess i won't be loving it lol.

Yes id' love to lock them both up. Well maybe just boyfriend!!! Great suggestion!!!

Steely - so, hi well what i can say is that the cardio guy told me it's important to get yearly stress tests which gives an overall of your heart and it's functioning. exercise is huge he said. oh well i guess me chasing after difficult child doens't qualify :(

so, what do you go through if you dont' mind me asking? And how is life going for you now?? so much has changed. oh, also he said aspirin is great. if you have any clogged arteries aspirin will help thin the blood out so it'll get by easier :)