Cards will go out this weekend!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am running late on the cards, but I finally finished making them. They will all go out on Sat, so you will get them sometime next week. (I had great fun making them!)

Just thought I would let you all know. I am enjoying all the cards I have received!

janebrain

Oh Good--my cards are half done but not sent yet and I won't have time til the weekend to finish. Glad I'm not the only one....
Jane

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The mailman just took mine!!!
Felt good... sorry about my chicken scratch, no offense to the Chickies. :)

KTMom91

As soon as the applesauce raisin bread comes out of the oven, I will go to the post office, buy stamps, and mail my cards. Really. That's the plan.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've got a few...thank you, thank you...and working on mine. Don't even get me started on handwriting. KLMNO...done yours twice now. It was 3am and I guess I'm not thinking straight. My hand/brain was not cooporating.

Toss in that H has been in a total pity party forever and gets mad when I sit down to write the cards. I take the bus in the freezing weather, work all day in a new position, come home and make dinner...no clean up from his late night mess first...then 2 loads of laundry. I finally sit down to write and I get, "You do nothing around here." Blah.

So, the cards were a very nice thing to come home to. I will do my best to get them out this next week.

Abbey

klmno

Thank you, Abbey! But really, one card will be sufficient! I did mine in "shifts" as I could work them in better that way. I wrote and mailed out the ones going further away first and had 4 "batches". The last ones were picked up by the mailman (woman) today.

I have received a few - this is the first year I've done this so I wasn't sure how to approach it, but I'm impressed!! I'll try harder to reach that level next year!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
What a nice thing to come home to each day. I promise I'll get mine out tomorrow. Day off! Thanks again, Star, for organizing this.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Went out today. (Unfortunately some of you will get the 5/6am cards.)

New Zealand? This threw the post office guy for a loop. He's like...where's that at? Duh. It's down-under. Just look in that area. I hope it gets there.

Abbey

TerryJ2

I've gotten quite a few already. This is fun.

Unfortunately, I ordered mine online and pd extra for expedited shipping, and the cards have still not arrived. I found envelopes that are the correct size, and addressed them ... still waiting for the cards ...

KTMom91

I sent mine out yesterday. I'm really enjoying the ones I've gotten. I have them taped up on the door. Hubby brings the mail in, looks through it, and asks, "Who do you know in _____?"

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha, KT! H asks the same. Who's this? Who do you know in Canada? I just say...his name is Roul and he's hot. That's why he had to move to Canada.

Abbey

Jena

LOL too funny. I can't believe i missed this thread. Yes I have recvd. the same response who do you know here, there............blah, blah.........yet he sees me at the computer and says oh i'm sorry i dont' want to bother you now, ah ha that's where the cards are coming from?? I said good im talking to my friends, now go away!! :)

Mine are going out tmrw. late as well..........

by the way difficult child was cute, she sees the envelopes and says ooh can we go there to visit that friend, why haven't i met this one? are those your friends in your labtop??? LOL. yes difficult child they certainly are!!!

janie

New Zealand
Hi Abbey,

I laughed about the post office guys comment about NZ .... it constantly amazes Kiwis (New Zealanders) that other countries don't seem to know WHERE we are ...
Basically if you just say to them that NZ is East of Australia .... SURELY the postal workers know where AUSTRALIA is?! :)

My eldest daughter travelled for 5 months earlier this year (15 Countries) ..... she got tired of trying to explain where NZ is ... so in the end she told people she was from Australia ..... (normally NZers like to clarify the difference between coming from Aussie or NZ - just like Americans and Canadians often do) ....
However, it was amazing how many New Zealanders she came across (often in really obscure places) .... you hear that familiar accent and feel that home really isn't that far away .... it really is a small world :)

I have had fun writing the addresses on the envelopes for the cards to CD Board members ..... it is a completely different way of writing addresses compared to what I am used to here .... all those post code letters and numbers ... LOL

I am off to work at the book shop today (Sunday) .... oh joy, working in RETAIL is SO MUCH FUN at this time of year .... ;)
Have a great weekend everyone.

from Janie

TerryJ2

They came in the mail today!
The box was damaged.
The P.O. taped it up and put a note on it saying, "Because we care."
Oh, really?
So if your cards are squished, it ain't my fault!!!!

Janie, I actually know where New Zealand is! I am so proud of myself. It makes up for the fact that I gave one of my best friends a Santa hat from UVA instead of VA Tech ... they are major rivals. OMG, I am so stupid.

Mumblemumblescufflemumble ...

everywoman

I want to thank the board for starting a new tradition for me. I never sent out any cards at all until last year. Because of the board, I have made this a new thing. I have sent not only to the board, but to others. Those I don't see daily. I have received a lot of lovely cards from you guys, and they are on display throughout the house. Grandson was here this weekend and he loved seeing all of them and "trying" to read them.

janie

New Zealand
Hi TerryJ2,
Good to hear that you know where NZ is :)
If you ever watched any of the Lord of the Rings films you will see what much of our country looks like .... (although I live in a beach area).