Constant Interruptions

tiredmommy

I'm thinking of changing my answering machine message from husband's current message:

"You've reached to Tired residence, please leave a message after the tone."

My telephone rings off the hook and it's driving me nuts. I have one friend that called here three times in one day... plus I ran into her twice. This was in an 8 hour time period. So I'm thinking of something more like this:

"You've reached the Tired residence. Please be advised that we do not answer the phone before 9am because we are getting ready for school or work. We also won't be answering from 4pm until 6:30pm for homework and dinner and from 7:45 until 8:45 for bedtime. We also respectfully request no calls after 10pm as we will be sleeping. We will return life & death emergency calls immediately but other calls will need to wait. Thank you."

I can just imagine the reaction. :rofl:

trinityroyal

I like it!

How about:

You've reached the Tired residence. The reason we have this machine is that we're running around like crazy right now and just can't get to the phone. You know the drill. You'll here from us when the pace slows down from whirlwind.

Trinity

B

bran155

Oh, do try that!!! That is good. I hate the phone too. I don't know how on earth I ever stayed on the phone for hours at a time when I was a teenager. I barely ever answer the phone. Unless the caller Id says it's something official or important I let the answering machine pick it up. I also never answer my cell phone unless it has to do with my kids. My husband calls me 100 times a day from work. To say nothing: "Hello" - "Hi" - "Hi" - "What are ya doin?" "Nothing" - "What are you doin?" - "Nothing" .....breathing.....more breathing......"Okay, I'll call ya later" - "Okay, bye" Why??? What is the importance of that? This mundane call happens all day long!!!!! He has been with me for 10 years, don't ya think he aughta know by now how much I hate the phone?????!!!!!

trinityroyal

I just love Caller ID. If I just don't have the time, I just don't answer. We also have voice mail. No machine.

Yup. Caller ID and voice mail, on house phone, office phone and cell phone.
And there are other, more eager beavers in my household who WILL pick up the phone, so I almost never do.

cadydid

I too have this problem.. but found sanity when we got Dish network... my absolute favorite feature next to the dvr ;) is it has caller id feature. So while I have music playing, or watching tv, I can see who is calling and I dont even have to stop what I am doing to check the phone.

muttmeister

I hate it when my phone rings and I'm in the middle of something. I don't answer very often. My message says, "We're really home right now; we just can't find the telephone. Leave your name and number and if you're somebody we want to talk to, we'll call you back eventually."