cse mtg tmrw

Jena

hi everyone, hope everyone's well and difficult child's are happy :)

i've been really busy this week, first week back at work and difficult child's been kicking up also. (to be expected) between my going back to work and easy child's birthday she was off the charts for several days.

so, tmrw's my rescheduled cse meeting to determine eligibility for difficult child to get an iep.

i've printed out all i can, after 2 explosions with me trying to refil printer cartridge! lol. i have alot of BiPolar (BP), alot on accomodations, and i also typed up a list of all difficult child's nurses' visits for 2 years along with-all her latenesses to school.

some pyscho education stuff as well. wanted copy of psychological file for meeting yet didnt' get that copy yet and dont' want to wait any longer.

we'll see how it goes. i'm not that anxious which is odd, i think because i know if i dont' win tmrw i'll just go after them again and again until i get what she needs.

here's hoping i have no battle. yea ok lol.

Wiped Out

Staff member
You go warrior mom:warrior: I hope things go well at tomorrow's meeting so difficult child can start accessing the help she needs and deserves.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Deep breath! Put on the calm Warrior Armor and go in ready to help your daughter!

You are going to do great!

I will be thinking of you and difficult child.

Jena

I did my best, and I got a 504 for her. I don't know how I feel about it right now to be honest. They road blocked me on the iep stating that according to their testing which was recent difficult child is not failing academically in any area right now, so last year and year before doesn't matter that she was failing.

I fought, and fought. My thought is if i have a 504 in place with provisions and than september comes and she crashes again and fails than i'll go in for the iep and say ok she's failing now i want my iep.

they stated that if she is not failing than she does not need an iep, special educatoin services. right now according to them she isnt' failing.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Andy-I like your line of thinking!

Jen-I hope they will do good by the 504. I don't understand their reasoning for not providing the iep. She could qualify for ED vs. Learning Disability (LD) and doesn't need to be behind academically. Frustrating! Still I think coming out with the 504 is a good start.

Jena

hi

they kept telling me that she is not failing academically right now (past 2 mos) and due to that she does not qualify for services.

I pushed, fought, than the said start with the 504, than if september comes and she tanks again than we can reconvene and we can do an iep at that point.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
They did the same thing to my difficult child. We had a 504 in place at the beginning of this year. When her grades dropped to about 45 across the board they finally gave me an IEP (which took months to get her "officially" classified). Hang in there and monitor difficult child's grades like a hawk. As soon as you see them go down (not failing) I would call another CSE mtng.