Diary of a stray

mstang67chic

Going Green
Apparently, our own Star* has more than just a love of animals. She seems to have a psychic connection with them.

For proof, here is her translation of our stray's diary. Who, by the way, we have named Chester.

Enjoy! (and don't eat/drink while reading it. You are guaranteed to spew)

I'm glad he picked a good home. I would have liked to have been privy on that dog brain thought.

-Watching from across the street I see that they take care of their animals. I shall make a note to talk to that beutiful chow mix tomorrow.

-Tuesday
Made Contact with Sexy Chow mix (cloe) she has no Idea I'm considering invading HER home - bwah ha ha....must find a home, resources are running low. Damned economy- no one getting rid of leftovers for me to eat.

-Wednesday
Sat outside the house last night listening to sounds of family joy and laughter. Must infultrate this home. I've narrowed it down to three - fairly certain I can "cute" my way into here. My problems of hyperactivity should go unnoticed. They are busy people.

=Thursday
Attempted to contact the woman. She was busy this morning - I pretended to eat from the ditch on the side of the road. I looked up - she was looking back in her mirror - SHE SAW ME.

-Friday
Today's the day! I have been licking and cleaning myself to be presentable. Best paw forward I shall cute my way into their lives. Wish me luck diary - stray dog in a bad economy - I'll be doing good to get a place in the garage and a bowl of kibble once a day.

-Saturday
My plot worked. The man? What a pushover - he even gave me a name. I'm a shoe in to be a keeper. I saw her typing about me - what am I, should I go to the vets. I must find a way to short circuit my microchip - I don't want to go back and live with the Addams family.

-Sunday
Yeah life is good, she's picking names for me like a newborn in a nursery and I got a collar and a toy. I'll have to work on my mad skillz with this Cloe - she's pretty tough. I must look like her BFF Pootie. What's a Pootie?

-Monday - well I've been in the house nearly a week today. I'm a Keeper - they're discussing my new name. I haven't the heart to tell them what it used to be. Who names their dog Pogo? Marco - POGO....duuuuuumb.

-Tuesday - Happy me.....I think I'm a Keeper. Oh not a Boner....Good grief was she serious - Chester - Cats are named Chester. Chester the molester......must find a new name tomorrow -today I have faces to light up.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Does this mean you're keeping Chester? I knew you wouldn't find a fedex box. I knew it. You're a pushover.

Enjoy Chester.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wasn't Chester a cricket?

LOL - I loved the diary... I bet my animals' would look a lot like that... NONE of them were anticipated!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, I'm amazed, but understand why you are keeping this dog........ he journals and gets his feelings out! Does he type or write it out long hand?........ but more amazing is his knowledge of human english......... oh, wait, this is channelled thru Star?........ Nevermind...........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Actually - he called Pootie and talked to her.....she's a marvellous translator. I told you before she's a little Ambassador of love. She said Cloe needed a brother that was a tad pushyto get her out of her funk.

I then in turn type his feelings.

-Sometimes I'm a tad worried that Pootie "embellishes" a little too much, so I've had to have that HONESTY is the best policy chat.

And she tells me LOTS of stuff that her GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrraandpa does during the day. He swears I have a video camera. :surprise:

mstang67chic

Going Green
You named him CHESTER? Does that mean I win the stray-naming contest???? ha!!!! I am just tickled pink!

You DID!!!! AND......guess what the prize is? (I'm surprised no one asked yet).

Your prize iiiiiiiiissssssssss.....

ta-daaaaaaaaaaa

CHESTER!!!!!

Just let me know when you'll be home and we'll be right over with his things. :bigsmile:

And yes, Pootie is quite the chatter/texter. She sent me a message the other day telling me about a talk she had with Cloe about Little Mr. Chester. It was so spot on I actually asked husband if Star had called!

Star*

call 911........call 911
-Saturday

I'm doomed. I can't shut up. I'm so happy I can't contain myself. I bark at everything. Hey mail man - look at me I HAVE A HOME. Hey garabage man - ARE YOU TAKING MY FAMILY TRASH? Hey kid on a bike - I CANT REACH YOUR TIRES ANYMORE BUT I'M THINKING ABOUT YOU. I'm so excited I think I could bounce off the walls....wait....would that be a nono? Rules, RULES..there were no rules on the street. I must OBEY...and yes, yes - I have no idea why humans are so protective of their white waterbowls. It's not like I EVER see them getting a drink out of them.
Still trying to let Cloe see......oh hey hang on getting a text from Pootie -
Yeah girl can I hit you later?

Pootie doesn't do WAIT - or STAY.....lol

Glad you have such a lovely little - are you keeping him for sure? lol

mstang67chic

Going Green
For sure? No. We're still looking for owners/home. In fact, I'm taking him to the vet this morning for a scan to see if he's got a chip.

I was talking to husband last night about him though. The way he's been acting with us...affectionate, like he lives here, etc....makes me wonder about his previous home. We found another dog roaming around our street once. GORGEOUS female Husky, really sweet dog. We took her in, made a flyer and found her owner. But the entire time she was here, while she was good, she wasn't comfortable. You could tell she wanted to go home. Chester? He couldn't care less.

Lothlorien

Stang, if you didn't live all the way on the other side of the country.....I'd meet up with you somewhere. I would love another dog. He is a cutie....and he can txt!