Different Diagnoses

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by jennd23, May 11, 2011.

1. jennd23

jennd23 New Member

When you have different diagnoses from different doctors, what do you go with?

From the neuropsychologist: Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified, ODD, ADHD, depressive tendancies

From the psychiatrist: Aspergers, ADHD, generalized anxiety disorder....

Its not really important in the grand scheme, I'm just wondering what you go with.

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Actually, they are not that far apart... my tendency would be...

Both agree on ADHD, so that's a solid diagnosis.

The Psychiatrist saw specific things in the testing that took the diagnosis beyond Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified and into Asperger's - so, you go with Asperger's, as you won't have both Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified and Asperger's at the same time. UNLESS you don't agree with the Asperger's diagnosis - as in, you're not sure it's accurate - in which case you take the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified.

One saw depressive tendencies, the other anxiety - not unusual for both to exist, so take both.

3. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

I would take both...

Heck, look at my signature...I've taken ALL the diagnoses from different providers over the years. It lets me say that doctor A saw this and doctor B saw that and doctor C thought maybe something else...

4. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified and Aspergers are both on the autism spectrum and ADHD/anxiety are both part of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). I don't think they are too far apart either. You should get some good help from those diagnosis.

5. Jena

Jena New Member

i agree, get rid of the odd stuff. that's really not a whole lotta meaning to it. i am with what the others said. also yes we have gotten so many diagnosis's over the years. it gets crazy after a while. yet these are all closely related.