difficult child 2 went to his first MS dance!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Tonight was difficult child 2's first middle school dance. These are very informal events. They had a DJ, an inflatable obstacle course out in the quad, snacks, a dunk tank, Xbox, Playstation, Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution, etc. He had a great time. He danced (which isn't surprising), but what was NEW is that he danced with a girl!!! He said she is in his RSP/Critical Skills class, so it's someone he's familiar with. Oh, and he said SHE asked HIM. ;)

He said there were kids walking around the room the dancing was in holding signs that read "NO FREAK DANCING". If you're not familiar with the term, it's a style of very sexually suggestive dancing. difficult child 2 said he does NOT do that at all (thinks it's kinda gross and creepy (thank you thank you thank you Lord!)).

I'm just feeling happy for him and proud of this first social milestone moment. :bigsmile:

DazedandConfused

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I know all about the "no freak dancing". It's banned at all the schools in my area. It's so nice when our kids enjoy regular kid activities.

tiredmommy

Good for difficult child 2! (Duckie's going to be so jealous when she hears he danced with another girl, lol!)