difficult child continues to spiral

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's ironic that three days ago I was going to write a post about how difficult child had two good weeks-how maybe we were turning the corner on his behavior at least for a bit.

Then came Sunday and Monday. Sunday he didn't like hearing a no about something he wanted at the store. When we got back to the care he decided to get violent over it. husband had to drive us home instead of continuing with what we were doing.

Yesterday he was upset over dinner and was kicking cupboards and at one point threatened me with a metal dust pan-said he was going to knock me out. I told him if he hit me with it I would be calling the police. At that moment I would have too. husband was able to talk him down.

Yesterday I also found out he had to go to time out twice at school last week-he handled it well but he had only been to time out two or three times all year before that.

He did have a psychiatrist appointment. yesterday and husband said that psychiatrist said we are going to keep increasing difficult child's Loxapine each week. I hope we see some major improvements soon as it's been a long two months. Wrestling starts next week so I'm hoping maybe that will help! Last year during that time he was much better.

Thanks for listening-I'm just so frustrated right now!

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

Your difficult child is kinda like the ocean - he continues rolling into shore, and definately has his highs and lows. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that he appears to be spiraling. I cannot tell you how devastating it would be for me to hear those words out of the mouth of my child while holding a "weapon". I'm sorry that his anger and violence always seemed to be pointed at you.

Like you, I hope the medication increase offers him some stability. We never seem to be able to take that big sigh do we?

Hugs :angel:,
Sharon

KateM

It's always disappointing when we think we've turned a corner and then - wham! - back to the behaviors that make you want to cry! Hoping the medication increase and wrestling turn this around quickly for you!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh, Sharon. I hate this for you; I hate it for difficult child. He's at the point where you may have to start calling 911 for transport & that will be devastating to you.

He needs to know that violence = a serious consequence. A hard lesson learned for such a young one. Have done it with both of the tweedles - nothing breaks a mother's heart more than that call.

AND you've taken enough abuse from your young one. He's so very unstable. I just wish there was an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) that he could be placed in for a good 10 to 12 months. Time for stability - medication regulation. It's hard, but it's worth it.

While neither kt or wm came out "cured" there were gains that were worth it.

Sending very gently (((hugs))) this morning.

TerryJ2

So sorry, Sharon.
I know the feeling about the dustpan. My difficult child used to do that. He's not bipolar, just ODD. It takes more patience than any of us have. {{hugs}}

Sharon,

I'm so sorry your difficult child is continuing his downward spiral. I know how miserable life is with an out of control difficult child!!! I'm glad you told him you will call the police if he gets violent. I definitely think he needs to hear this. He needs to know that violence will NEVER be tolerated!!!

I think wrestling will be good for him. I know how much he enjoys it and it is definitely a positive outlet. I'm praying the increase in Loxapine helps!!!

I wish I had some great advice for you. I know you're already doing everything I can think of to take care of yourself. Life is just so tough with difficult children!!! It's like living on a constant roller coaster ride without being able to get off...

I'm thinking of you and hoping today will be better...WFEN

Sending ((((hugs)))). I've been on the other end of a difficult child's threats. It is simply terrifying and must be addressed. Please know that prayers are being sent for you as well...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
They didn't tell you in the parenting hand book that you had to lock up all of the dust pans??? That's funny mine had a side note on that.... "Lock up all metal dust pans, your difficult child may choose to use it as a weapon"

OI!!! I am sorry, yes I hope he gets some of this out with wrestling... or before that.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks All! As always I appreciate your support. It's definitely wearing on me lately. On the bright side he has respite for four hours Saturday afternoon!

G

guest3

HUgs difficult child II seems to be going in the same direction. he told in home today that he hates his prinicipal and it's his fault he's in a special class, now last year he assaulted his prinicipal (different school) but I am nervous and not happy to hear this attitude