difficult child in court this morning, asking for Board Ju Ju and prayers

recoveringenabler

Staff member
As I write this my difficult child is in court to determine what happens next. Without proper representation, she has been languishing in jail for 3 weeks whereby other more serious offenders have been let out in under 10 days. For 3 weeks she has called her probation officer, her court appointed attorney numerous times, no one has called her back or visited her. The paperwork she submitted was lost. They never asked her to be in a program and then said she refused to take it. The level of miscommunication and NO communication is grand. She is in a system which only responds to those who have their own private attorney. What a mess. I am staying out of it and allowing it to unfold in it's natural way. However, it is scary to think of her caught in a system without anyone advocating for her. If it feels appropriate, I am requesting prayers, good wishes and whatever good thoughts to be sent her way today so that the outcome is appropriate and fair. Thanks!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
That's just nuts, I'm sorry she's dealing with that. It's definitely an imperfect system that favors those with money, though :( I hope things go ok today.. sending prayers/good thoughts up now!

DammitJanet

The justice system is anything but just. I know someone who has a child who has been in jail for a crime on a very high bail (almost 50K) since Christmas. His family (Billy's Aunt is his stepmother) paid for a lawyer and they have not heard a thing back from the lawyer. Just bills saying pay me. No itemized bills. The boy hasnt seen the lawyer at all. From what I understand, no one has seen any of the evidence against this kid either. The cops swore there was a bunch of evidence like witnesses and fingerprints but they wont turn it over.

Nancy

Sending prayers for a good outcome, although I'm not sure what a good outcome is but I'm sending prayers anyway.

Nancy