difficult child is home

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child is home from the hospital tonight. His moods have been rather up and down. He and I had a terrific ride home. When he got home he became very upset because he couldn't find his wallet right away. He began screaming and demanding help and then yelling because husband (who wasn't home yet) must have lied to him about it. I tried to calm him down which didn't work so well but at least he wasn't threatening or physically aggressive.

He seems fairly hyped up but in a somewhat better place than when he went into the hospital. We'll see how things go. All the doctors were very nice with us. One of the psychiatrists, who didn't even work with difficult child, introduced himself and told us he had heard we are doing great things for difficult child. He said he heard that things have been very difficult through the years and hopes things start to get better.

Things with easy child/difficult child have not been great lately at all. If possible she has been more difficult child than difficult child and that is saying a lot considering difficult child has been hospitalized. She said some incredibly hurtful things to me the other night (she wished I would commit suicide and that God should have never made me a mother-oh and this is all because she refused or several days to do anything to help around the house)and we've barely spoken since. She even shoved me at one point and husband told her this was her one warning and next time he would call the police.

So things have just been so cheery around here (can you hear the sarcasm). I'm supposed to go visit my sister tomorrow (after work)who I haven't seen in about 4 years. easy child/difficult child and I have been planning this mother/daughter trip for months. Right now I wish I was going by myself. It's either take her or difficult child because I honestly don't think husband could handle both this weekend either.

Sorry I haven't been responding to more posts lately-just have been overwhelmed here.

klmno

((HUGS)) I really wish I knew words that could help you. I hope your husband continues to support your efforts and back you up- you need that.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of venom that can come out of those dear, sweet little mouths that were calling us "mommy" just a few short years ago. I'm sorry she's being such a butthead, Sharon.

crazymama30

Hugs. I think (for me) the hardest part of husband's psychiatric hospital stay was when he came home. Like you say, he was better but not all better. With him he was still hallucinating.

Glad difficult child was not threatening or aggressive.

I hope it gets better

TerryJ2

Oh, dear.
What lousy, rotten things to say.
Unfortunately, you're in good company.
So, just judging from the wallet reaction, I wondered if difficult child was on Lamictal, and went back and read your signature. Just thinking that what would mildly annoy us seems like a major catastrophe to difficult child. But then with-his bmom's crack use, this is not going to be an easy fix.

by the way, how did you react when your daughter said she hoped you'd commit suicide? I'm not sure what I'd do. It's so weirdly reversed. You'd think she'd say she wished you were dead, but not by your own hands. Hmpf. These kids. It's just so off-the-wall, I don't know why I'm even trying to figure it out.

Just enough to say, "I'm sorry," and best of luck with-your trip. I do not envy you.

KTMom91

Sharon, I'm sorry you're dealing with a double dose of difficult child. Many hugs and lots of strength. Hope you have a good visit with your sister.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad that difficult child at least did not get physical when he got upset. I hope things smooth out for you, and for him. It has to be hard to live on that roller coaster of emotions. It sounds like easy child/difficult child is really expressing the difficult child side. What a perfectly awful thing to say! I am impressed that you did not slap her across the face! (Can you IMAGINE what your parents would have done to you for saying that, much less saying it to your mother's face?!?!?!)

I hope that the trip is peaceful at least.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you everyone for your support. It really means more than I can put into words. I feel strangely at peace this morning-it's a good feeling-and one I haven't felt for awhile (hope it lasts but I'm not counting on it;)).

Terry-For the most part with easy child/difficult child I stayed very calm. When she said the part about the suicide (by that time husband was downstairs trying to help), I decided to take a nice long walk with my dog (something I never do in the dark because I'm a big chicken). We ended up walking 3 miles. I needed to get out of there before I said something I would really regret later.

Susie-I can't even imagine what my parents would have done if I had said something like that to them!

I've decided I'm having fun on this trip with my sister. I know easy child/difficult child will be pleasant around them. I'm so excited to see my sister and her family!