difficult child Manic - Me PTSD

Steely

Arrrgggghhhhhhh............ :devil:

I am a mess.

difficult child is manic - he missed his medications twice this week at his dads - consquently...........
He is grandiose~
Creating a zillion projects, issues, and dramatic events.
Talking non stop....will he ever quit? :blah:
Aggressive and argumentative one second~
Flying high the next minute.
:tissue:
And I am having a major PTSD episode because of it.
High, high anxiety~
Seeing things out of the corner of my eye.
Flashbacks of all the past manic trauma I have endured with him~
Ready to leave on a jet plane.

Such a big SIGH..........The universe could be quaking. :shocked:
Thanks in advance for all of your support, prayers, and thoughts.

F

flutterbee

I'm so sorry. I must have missed a post...I thought his dad had bailed again.

How long does it take for him to come back down once back on medications? When I was in the psychiatric hospital several years ago, there was a guy in full blown mania complete with delusions (we had long discussions of his military time-travel program and transporting people to Mars), but by that night he was back to earth and was embarrassed by what he had been talking about. I felt so bad for him.

(((hugs)))

WeepingWillow,

I'm so sorry!!! I totally understand how you feel!!! I'm ready to get on that plane with you!!!

I wish I had some great advice for you. All I can tell you is that I understand the HE77 you're going through!!! Hopefully, difficult child's medications will get him back on track soon.

I'm keeping you and your difficult child in my thoughts and prayers...WFEN

waytootired

Bless your heart...so sorry you are feeling this way and having to deal with Dad's mistake of missing the medications, not fair. Big hugs for you and difficult child, he can't be feeling good going through this either.

Hang in there... :hammer:

TerryJ2

Ack! So sorry! Anything you can do to settle him down? Will he actually finish any of his projects?
I'm hoping you can soak in the tub for a little while.
Take care.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry-I hope this manic period doesn't last long! It isn't fun to deal with! Hugs and I hope you get to do something nice for yourself soon!

Real real big hugs for you.

Even bigger hugs for difficult child.

And, one or two smacks upside diagnosis's head.

I am so sorry. Immediate prayers.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hugs Weeping Willow (for both you and difficult child).

My exh used to always conveniently 'forget' to give difficult child her medications when she visited him and by the time she'd come home, she'd be out of her little mind. Ugh -

I hope difficult child settles down and you find a bit of peace for yourself.

Steely

Thanks guys........I do not know how long he will take to settle down. It has been awhile since he has gotten this off track on his medications. I am hoping/praying that it will only be days, and not the months this can sometimes turn into.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh, I hope it is not months!

I know you are not having fun... but I have to tell you, Saturday Night when I was in and out of sleep. I had the funniest dream.

It was a bunch of us C.D. board members all slowly meeting up to a central location. I can't recall where. Some of us had husband's, for some reason I did not???

So we were forming a big commune!!! The dream was us traveling to meet up at this spot, we were making phone calls, posting on-line, leaving messeges at hotels.
It would be like "Wishing for an Empty Nest is at Holiday Inn, in Minn. she will be there in 3 days"

We were meeting up at hotels and the caraven was growing... it was so funny, because we were all of our board names, so it was a bunch of woman with various kids and some husbands, and the conversation would be, "Well Weeping Willow is in the next room and I think BBK will be showing up tonight, does anyone know when SRL or Star is coming?"
It actually was a really sweet dream and we had this huge family by the end... I woke with a warm feeling.

I know this is hard, you have many more years dealing with thisand I hope you can ragain the calm again soon... HUGS

goldenguru

WW~

Does your son have any medications he can take PRN for the manic times? My hubbies psychiatrist prescribes Ativan for the times when he is higher than a kite. It does help to take the edge off the incessant talking, the racing thoughts, the agitation, etc.

Just a thought -

Steely

Well, I feel better this morning. I got a full night's sleep, thankfully, with a little help from my medicine cabinet :wink: Not sure what I did before Ambien!

I am hoping today will be better, we will see. The mania has been going on since Monday, so I am not keeping my hopes too high. But Mat got a solid night's sleep also, so that is a big improvement.

Tomorrow we have a meeting with the Texas Rehabilitation Commission, so I am hoping Mat can be focused and cordial with them. Grrrrr. This org could really help give him resources, avenues, and help in getting his life on track, and working towards the ultimate goal of living independently - so he needs to embrace their help, and not fight it.

Totoro I love your dream too! Wouldn't it be fun if we could really do that? I think your dream highlights the amazing point of how close we all really do feel on this board, despite, only being cyber friends.