difficult child was offered a full time job

Nancy

difficult child was working at an animal hospital but part time. Also she was required to work Tuesday nights and that's the night of the sober house AA meeting that is a requirement so she was going to have to move out. It was a tremendous stress because we wanted her to stay in the sober house but she also had to keep this part time job. She got a call today from one of the original animal hospitals she went to and they offered her a full time position that pays $1.50 more an hour than she is making now. She will work four 10 hour days and she told them she has a commitment on tuesday nights and they said they will work around it.

She is just about out of money and this couldn't have come at a better time. I made her a casserole and she will have dinner for 2 or 3 nights. We talked about how somehow things work out if you just do the next right thing. I am so relieved. She looks and sounds good. I do believe she is starting to see there is a better way.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

That is such awesome news!!!! I know the relief you must feel.....

S

Signorina

Hallelujah! Things are falling into place - someone is watching over her :)

Nancy

Someone sure is watching over her. She had had a lot of second chances and I hope and pray she realizes how lucky she is.

Nancy

T

toughlovin

Great news. I am glad our difficult children are doing well at the same time?

TL

Mattsmom277

This is great news! A better job AND being able to remain in this sober house. Welcome her to the path of future success. She can SO do this!

buddy

Wow, I sure hope these kinds of reinforcements get her to see staying on a positive path has rewards! Good for her, and a relief for you, smile.

klmno

It sounds like she has all positive supports in place one could hope for to make it thru this phase and she is sounding very positive about it. Congratulations to you and her!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Great news. Hopefully being tired from working long hours will be one more tool to keep her out of trouble.

Kathy813

Staff member
Wow, Nancy. It really sounds promising. I don't want to jinx this but it sounds like she is really making progress.

:beautifulthing:

~Kathy