difficult child will not be coming back.

Nancy

Looks she and Charlie Sheen are heading in the same direction. Will spare you the gory details but she is far from clean and sober and no longer wants help. All I can do now is pray.

Thank goodness my easy child was home with me last night and slept in my bed for company. husband is stranded by the storm and I just want him to get home.

Nancy

N

Nomad

I'm so sorry and am glad your easy child was home. Hope hubby is now home too.
My prayers are with you.

T

toughlovin

Oh Nancy, I am so thinking of you. I am glad she had not already moved back in and that you were clear she needs to be clean and sober before she did that. Hope Hubby is home soon..... and tonight do something for you.

H

HaoZi

*HUGS*
Glad you didn't have to face that alone, and hope hubby has a safe trip home.

DDD

Sending heartfelt caring and supportive thoughts your way. How wonderful you had support during husband's absence mid crisis. Hugs. DDD

klmno

Nancy, I know this isn't the direction you wanted things to go, but I don't think that was an option when she called you earlier this week. I think the choices were "go home and sneak and use until I (she) can find someplace else to go or you two give in and tolerate even more" vs "don't go home, find someplace else now or not, get worse either way". You had no control over those choices. You did have input into which one was made available. You aren't sending her to worse- you are allowing her to hit bottom instead of prolonging the agony for everyone involved.

Just remember - the option wasn't for you to either help her and she'll turn into a drug-free easy child or not help her and she'll ruin her life. And you didn't create the options. It's somehwat that way when they are really young kids, but not by the time they are teens or older.

KFld

Having my easy child around gives me so much comfort sometimes, and then other times she is just so fed up with her brothers antics that she can't even stomach hearing about it.
Glad yours was there for you. Sorry she isn't ready to make the right choices yet. (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Ephchap

Nancy,

I know the helpless, emotional state you must be in. It's so painful to watch your child self-destructing. It's just so sad.

Mega hugs,
Deb

Estherfromjerusalem

Nancy, I've been following the developments with your difficult child and I am so sorry you had to make this decision. I'm sending you and your family my wishes for strength to get through this difficult time and to stand firm.

Hugs.

Love, Esther