difficult child's 16th b-day is toady!

StressedM0mma

And while I am trying very hard to be happy and excited, it was a year ago on the 6th that we had to place her in the psychiatric hospital. That worry is in the back of my mind. Hopefully today goes well, and she goes to school.

StressedM0mma

Thanks that is what we are hoping for as well. I would just like to be able to take a deep breath and relax. Not easy with a difficult child in the house. As O am sure all of you know.

BusynMember

Awwwwwww, please don't worry in advance. (I know it's hard). Hug her and give her a big "Happy Birthday" from her CD aunties (as Star says). Sixteen is such a big birthday :) Yay for her!

StressedM0mma

Well, she headed off to school on time. So that is a huge step. I am hoping she has a great day as well. Hopefully somene at school remembers that it is her b-day today.

MWM, I would love to not worry in advance. It is my biggest issue. I am trying very hard to let go, and let things just happen. But, my pre worry is an issue. And, I am Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about time. And difficult child is so much like her dad. Neither worry to much about time.

Happy 16th Birthday to your difficult child!! Great news that she left for school on time! Keeping my fingers crossed she has a good day, her birthday is remembered...

From personal experience, the teen years were the worst as far as raising my difficult children. Raging hormones add lots more fuel to the fire, and when combined with "typical teen" issues, are a recipe for an explosion just waiting to happen... Hang in there!!

While it's hard not to let worry be all consuming, in the long run, it isn't going to help your difficult child and it can cause all sorts of health issues for you, both physical and mental. My best advice is to try to carve out a bit of time just for you every single day. Try not to think about your difficult child during your "me" time. I didn't follow this advice during the worst years raising my difficult children and I paid for it big time. I know have several physical issues which I believe are directly related to all the stress/worry.

Sorry I'm not able to keep up with everyone all of the time and I haven't had the opportunity to read many of your posts lately. This is just my two cents worth... If helpful, great, if not, discard it.

At any rate, thinking of you, wishing your difficult child a very HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY filled with special moments... SFR

TerryJ2

Happy birthday, difficult child!

I hope that school went well and that things remain calm at home.

StressedM0mma

School went well. We made it there 2 days in a row and on time. And, I just reread what I typed in the title. "Toady" Ugh, I need to be more careful.

buddy

Happy Birthday to difficult child and blessings to you for parenting her for sixteen years! Hugs my friend!