difficult child's conference

Wiped Out

Staff member
Let me start out by saying how much I love difficult child's Special Education teacher and school psychologist. They do get how to work with him and really do enjoy him.

However, difficult child is just not doing well at school right now. He is showing next to no self regulation right now. He is being very inappropriate, bullying, disrespectful, showing up late for classes, (the list goes on and on).

They would love someone from the community to come in and observe. I'm going to call and see if his case manager can do some observing and possibly offer some suggestions.

They are also talking as a possibility an alternative placement. They said they aren't there yet and it would be for half days but it is a possibility if things don't improve.

They made sure to share plenty of positives. It was very hard to hear talk about an alternative placement (not that it would necessarily be a horrible thing) when throughout the years they have tried so hard to avoid this and been so convinced he didn't need it.

M

ML

I think it's good to keep all options on the table. And do keep reminding him of the positives and keep praising him for those things.

I'm really sorry to hear difficult child is struggling so much this year. That has got to be so hard on you (and on him of course).

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad that they are working hard to help him and see the positive things as well as the negatives. Not all do that.

I am so sorry things are so rough. Lots of gentle hugs for you and husband.