difficult child's lack of stability

Wiped Out

Staff member
This is two weeks in a row we have had to increase difficult child's Loxapine. Right now we are supposed to be calling psychiatrist every Monday (he's going to get tired of hearing from us).

The goal, of course, is getting him to be stable. He is doing well at school-no major discipline problems to speak of-definitely not your ordinary kid but good for him. At home he has some good times but things are rough and about once or twice a week he is still getting violent. Poor easy child, yesterday he was so mad at her for absolutely no reason (she had just given him a compliment)and he threw the apple pie she and I had made on the floor-good thing it was half gone.

I'm feeling rather worn out and hoping this latest increase (started today) will help out and be the last one needed (at least for awhile). I don't want to have to keep increasing his medications. I just want some semblance of stability at home, a little bit of peace would be nice!

Thanks for listening, just feeling rather frustrated tonight (and that's with difficult child having a good night for him).

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I hope this increase helps. If he didn't want the apple pie I surely would have taken it off your hands. Hope things settle a little after the medications kick in.

Beth

F

flutterbee

I'm so sorry you're still struggling with this. You've been struggling for stability with difficult child for a long time. I hope you find it soon.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sharon

Saying a prayer this increase does the trick. I know when Nichole isn't stable it's exhausting for me as well as for her. I can't even relax between the difficult child moments because I'm waiting for the next one to hit. :rolleyes:

I hope you're taking some quiet down time for yourself each day.

(((hugs)))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

My heart just dropped as I read this earlier this morning. I'm sorry sweetie.

Out of curiosity, is this the holiday escalation? I know the tweedles are just plain nuts (I know, not politically correct - really fits the situation) from now until the day after Christmas.

Growth spurt? I worry - your little guy is just so fragile; unstable.

Saying a prayer that the increase in medication helps. Don't spend time worrying about the amount of medications; it's time to worry about stability. wm, at your difficult children age, took a Mack truck in medications before we could settle him. psychiatrist has slowly been backing down on the medications & we've been focusing on the therapy & behaviorial training.

Again - enjoy your new class today.

Sharon,

I know what you mean about feeling worn out. A difficult child even on a good day is still a difficult child. When a difficult child isn't stable, its a zillion times worse.

I think one of the hardest things is that we have absolutely no control over the situation. We never know from minute to minute, day to day, week to week, if it's going to be a good or a bad day for our difficult children. The violence is absolutely the worst part!!!

I totally understand how you feel about the medications. I'm hoping that the increase you started yesterday works!!!

I hope today is a better day for you!!! WFEN

Steely

:warrior:
Just wanted to send you extra cyber strength to get you through these tough times. I so understand how tiring it can be.
Hang in there, and keep fighting the good fight. It will get better soon.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'm right with you!!! We are increasing medications and on weekly chats with psychiatrist... I am sure he is sick of me... K refused school today, now she is passed out on the couch. Poor thing.

I hope you get some stability also!!! FUN FUN FUN... I need a cyber break and a cyber day off... I think a lot of us do... LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone for your support. It is truly appreciated!

Beth- At least with the pie being gone it saved me some calories!

Heather-Thanks for the good wishes.

Lisa-You're right that it is hard to relax between difficult child moments. I'm trying to get my daily exercise in so I get my time away from difficult child and can try to keep stress levels at a minimum.

Linda-It could be holiday escalation but I'm not sure. difficult child doesn't have much of an idea of time or time of the year (until the Christmas decorations go up and even then I'm not sure). You are right-I shouldn't worry about the amount of medications as long as they help!

WFEN-Yeah-that having no control is really hard.

WW-Thanks for the extra cyber strength-I need it.

Totoro-A cyber break sounds like fun!

Anna-Thanks for the hugs!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, sorry to hear difficult child is creating you so much upset. Poor easy child. I might cry over a dumped homemade apple pie.

Unfortunately, there are few choices in handling escalating violence in a child. It's exhausting always being on high alert waiting for the next meltdown.

Hugs. Hope he settles down.