Don't even know where to start (LONG)

T

TeDo

As for difficult child....well, he hates me now. Absolutely 100% hates me. He won't speak to me. Won't take calls or visits. Told the clinician I've abandoned him and he'll never forgive me. I'm heartbroken but I had no choice

He didn't exactly give you a choice. HE had the plan to kill you and HE "bragged" about it to someone. What did he expect you to do?

I wish things could have been different.

Don't we all.

I hope he can forgive me one day

There is nothing to forgive you for. Don't buy into the guilt. That is his twisted thinking to avoid taking responsibility. HE caused you to take the actions you have. It is all on his shoulders, not yours. You did NOTHING wrong. You made a hard decision give the circumstances you were dealt. There is no guilt in that. Give yourself a break. You have done more than many parents would. Kudos to you for protecting yourself and your other son. {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}}

DammitJanet

Im so sorry but....this hospital had absolutely no right to lock you in. Like some others have said, I have spent several nights at hospitals waiting for my minor son to get a bed and one time my son was locked up on the adult psychiatric ward and he was waiting to get a bed at an adolescent facility and they told me that I had to stay at the hospital while he was there. The whole time he was there until they found a placement. They didnt want to lock me up but said I had to stay on the hospital grounds though. Well...the issue was this was the same day my middle son was graduating HS! My parents were in town to see him graduate..lol. What a nightmare. I was damned if I was gonna sit in a hospital with my youngest and miss the graduation.

I told the hospital that they could cope with my youngest while I did what I had to do. I would be back. I got a call that they had found a bed at the state hospital like it was a threat and I told them great...just where I wanted him to go and I would meet them up there in the morning. Told them to have a nice night. Left them a bit speechless. They kept muttering at me about how he would be transferred by cop car and I said well...that should be fun for him...lol.