driven into the arms of a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
and I was doing so well today.

B: FF/SF FV cappacino & 1/2 buttered roll

L: apple, 2 rice cakes, hummus, hard boiled egg

D: grilled chicken wrap (no sauce), diet coke

S: blackberry spritzer

***then difficult child I (17) tells me I am going to be a grandmother...:sad-very:
I remember getting the bread out, the smell of peanuts and next thing you know I am on my last bite of PB&J and finishing off a glass of milk.

In a strange way it's progress, yesterday I would've hopped in the car to quickstop for a coke and coconut cake!:surprise:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hang in there girl! A pb&j is not really that bad for you and you didn't grab that coke and those coconut cakes! Have you called OA or WW yet?

trinityroyal

Hugs AOG,

A pb&j, especially with a glass of milk, is not a terrible indulgence.
You're doing really well.

Please don't beat yourself up for a little slip. It's a journey. Think about all of the positive steps you took with your eating yesterday. AND think about the fact that today is a clean slate. A fresh day with no mistakes in it yet, as Anne of Green Gables used to say.

Hang in there. We're here for you.

Trinity

Don't beat yourself up over this. As others have already said, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich isn't really bad for you. You didn't get into your car and go out in search of "junk."

I am proud of you. You realized you were eating emotionally and stopped before any real damage was done. I know you might not believe this right now, but you're making great progress. You could have gotten into your car and bought "junk." You didn't.

Thinking of you today. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! WFEN

N

Nomad

I'm sorry about the "news."

The sw is not really that bad. Just keep it at one.

Do you like coffee or tea? I find sometimes these hot beverages comfort me when under stress.

husband and I went to a Families Anonymous mtg. the other day. We are fairly good at tnis detatchment stuff already, but the comraderie is really helpful....very supportive (re: difficult child business).

OA and WW...great for the food support. Have you called them yet?

SRL

D: grilled chicken wrap (no sauce), diet coke:surprise:

It sounds like progress to me.

I've not tried it yet, but I'm thinking that those salad spritzers would be a good substitute for sauce on a chicken wrap. Low fat, low calorie and you can control amounts. I like them on salads because store bought dressings always have such powerful flavors and this way I can control it.

M

ML

I agree with SRL and as with many addictions, programs usually stress progress not perfection. Big hugs to you and difficult child. Wow, that's amazing news about your daughter. Love, ML

Well, it's ok. You didn't fall hard, and so what anyway. We can't starve forever, or the diet will never last, we have to indulge once in a while. You had a good reason I'd say. A baby may change difficult child into a easy child, you never know. -Alyssa