Eight babies!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending prayers to this Momma - 6 boys and 2 girls.......all doing fine!

WOW WOW WOW......OW OW OW......WOW.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, wow is right! I read about them last night. Bellflower is not too far from us. I'm thinking fertility drugs here, for sure.

I hope they have a LOT of help available! They've got a baseball team!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Not only 8 babies, but 8 babies IN FIVE MINUTES..

I would be asking the doctor to put me under general anestetic and wake me up when they are 18..

They were only expecting 7..

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL JO ;)

Hence the reason easy child avoided fertiflity drugs when she was having issues getting pregnant. She didn't think she could handle a whole litter. wow

BusynMember

They are automatically difficult children by sheer numbers! Who on earth can deal with 8 babies and NOT have a nervous breakdown?
Sending prayers their way as I can't think of anything more shocking to the system than EIGHT BABIES at one time. Yowzer!

4sumrzn

I heard & throw me in front of a truck! If I was "pre" difficult child and someone could promise me....well, forget it...thinking about it makes me ill. My luck...they would ALL be difficult children! More than happy to "help" out, but #8 and 24/7....think I'll pass. Possibly a new show on TV? I see that coming....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am just thinking of the changing of the diapers, the feedings, all that crying, because you know you only have 2 arms and can't possibly comfort them all at the same time....and once one starts in they all follow suit...and the bathing. O.M.G.

Sending lots of prayers for assistance and patience - Mom and Dad will need as much of that as they can get. I am guessing that they will also receive some level of donations such as diapers and other supplies.

That's a litter. How do you breastfeed 8 babies with only two breasts? Poor mommy.

K

Kjs

What stuck out to me in this article is that "she plans to breast feed all EIGHT"

OUCH. The lady won't be wearing a shirt. That was really painful for me. And EIGHT?

house of cards

I'm thinking she has to supplement with formula, each baby getting the breast only 1-2 times a day. But she has to have help in her home for a long time. I pray there are no difficult child's in the bunch.

muttmeister

I know that everything you see on TV is not true, but tonight on news I was watching it said that they already have 6 kids before these 8 and that she is a single mother. Can that possibly be true?!!!

Lothlorien

My aunt said they already had six kids at home and were living with one of their parents in a two bedroom house. Is that possibly true????

donna723

I think the many recent cases of mega-multiples in the news are probably more the result of implanting embryos rather than 'fertility drugs'. When my daughter (a nurse) was trying to get pregnant, she was given medications to promote ovulation. I asked her if she wasn't afraid of having a 'litter'! She wasn't worried about that at all. She said that actually multiples were very rare on the medications, and when multiples did occur, it was almost always just twins, not five or six.

But what doctor in their right mind would implant eight embryos in a single woman who already had six children at home! Some of these people who appear to be just barely making it financially, how do they do it? These treatments and procedures are ungodly expensive! I know they use multiple embryos to increase the chances of getting at least one live birth, but should there not be some 'ethics' involved there? Should they not draw the line at maybe three instead of taking the chance of six, or maybe even eight babies? For someone who has tried for years to get pregnant and then ends up with a multiple pregnancy, the decision to have or not have a 'reduction' must be agonizing!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thats what they were saying on the news Loth - she lives with her parents - am not sure there is a hubby in the picture.

Am sure they will be in a position to move soon, what with exclusive interviews, and advertising money from the baby product sector.

We thought it werid that everyone was mum about who they were and any information on the family. I have my personal thoughts on that as to why 6 kids in that small of a home, a mom, maybe a dad, and parents crammed in.

Marcie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This seems ethically wrong to me. I love babies, but I just think this is wrong on so many levels. Makes me sick to my stomach. It isn't the number so much as the general lack of self sufficiency on the part of the parent(s?) and the emotional and financial support for all of those children. Ugh.

janebrain

I, too, love babies but this seems really wrong to me too. My gosh, she already has 6 children, why would she need more?! And why would a dr. agree to implant the embryos knowing she already has plenty of kids? And who is paying for all the care she and the babies need?! This makes no sense to me!
Jane

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And why would a dr. agree to implant the embryos knowing she already has plenty of kids?

I do question the ethics of this situation. From my understanding, she was taking fertility drugs (at least that's what the grandmother was quoted as saying this morning -- they had no idea she'd end up with this many babies).