figured out ghost!

Jena

ok, so boyfriend said to me go ask our neighbor who lives right behind us and we always see out gardening.

i did.

the kid who passed away and the tree is planted in his honor on my property is because he once lived here. him and his family lived here. it is my neighbor's nephew, his wife's sisters' kid.

he was a troubled kid, drank alot and did drugs and stole. (hence difficult child's medication's disappearing). i told him what was going on in the house and that the kids saw a teenager in my car that day. i told him about all of it and he said we have always had a feeling that something was around we just couldnt' put our fingers on it.

so, i have a spirit i'd rather say that than ghost. difficult child is very aware of it as well unfortunately. he is going to contact his mom who moved to fla after selling this house to see if she wants to contact me to see what we can do about it. obviously he's here for a reason.

i just dont' know why. the neighbor said that it's kinda weird that he's latching to you because you work with troubled kids. i said umm yup.

Jena

ok, so i kinda need some input here. what does one really do now that it seems as though logically speaking (yup i know tha'Tourette's Syndrome rough with-this post) that it seems to be this kid and it all fits now.

boyfriend called a priest to bless the house, do i go to a pyschic to see what he wants? i have no clue.

Marguerite

I wouldn't go to a psychic - like a lot of alternative modalities, it's too easy to get ripped off by a charlatan. Instead, use your onw thinking cap. Work out what you would do if it was a flesh-and-blood person living under your roof.

No need to be afraid, but DO make sure you keep closer tabs on things like medications, keys etc. He won't have any use for medications although he might think he does; he can't spend money either. So if stuff goes missing, it should either turn up again, or some other explanation will be found (not the ghost after all).

Keep the house a welcoming, happy place with stimulation kept under control (ie avoid too much anarchy in terms of loud uncontrolled music, kids rumming amok) because otherwise if it will set off a difficult child, it could stir up the ghost as well.

Over time and with support, kids grow up and become independent. A ghost kid - it should be a similar story, if he is given a chance to learn and grow simply because he isn't chased away but allowed to watch and learn.

Marg

Jena

marg your funny :) never expected that type of response......

difficult child cant' really handle it, so Eric's gotta go one way or another i think.

donna723

Wow, Jena! That's fascinating!

I know I watch too many of those TV shows about things like that, but I wonder if these neighbors might have a picture of him that you could show to the kids to see if it looks like the boy they saw in the truck? Did they get that good of a look at him?

Other than snitching things and scaring you all, he still sounds fairly harmless. He may not have some big 'reason' for being there, like that he's on some mission or has some message for someone. It could just be that he had lived there before and he died there and there are other kids living living in the house ... he may just feel comfortable there. I've always heard that some of these people don't realize that they've passed away, especially if it happened quickly. They're just kind of 'stuck' where they are. A priest may be helpful if he could help him move on.

Marguerite

difficult child needs to get over himself and stop to think, what must it have been like, to be Eric? What is difficult child afraid of? would he be afraid if he were a twin and sharing his space with someone just like him? Before running away, difficult child needs to realise that this is just another social situation, one he needs to learn from.

Besides, now difficult child has got someone else he can lay the blame on (don't encourage that thought!)

Marg

Jena

Donna - yea, it is interesting and odd. to say the least. Yet when i stood with the guy and he told me it was his nephew and this is where he lived and the steaing drugs thing i got chills up and down my spine. literally. a priest may help. it feels odd to say the least i feel bad almost looking to boot him. lol. yet after speaking to the neighbor i was in the kitchen and i leaned over to grab something out of the oven and well i thought difficult child was beside me and pushed me but it wasn't her.

Marg - she is afraid, she has alot going on. it's difficult for me to understand and comprehend this odd thing so i would imagine for her it's even more difficult. so, she's following me and easy child everywhere right now. we'll see how it all pans out.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Personally, I think Marg has a good idea. There are a few good phsyics out there, but you'll probably run across a thousand fakes, wannabes, or whatever until you find the real deal. And even then they may or may not be able to help.

Hugs

donna723

You wouldn't really be 'booting him out', you would be helping him move on to whatever afterlife is waiting for him. If he IS 'stuck' here, you'd be doing him a favor by helping him move on.

Jena

You guys are right. It's so odd. isn't it? Marg has a great and totally valid point there are so many bs ppl out there. do ppl have certification in this?? seriously though......

kids are so scared. easy child is worse than difficult child who just can't wrap her head around it at this point. easy child is really irritable and nasty and being super difficult about this and it's influencing difficult child. she's so immature at times.

it's weird though i read on the other thread how ppl were touched or soemthing by it, and tonight with me it was more of a joking nudge sorta thing into my hip it was just pressure i felt yet to be honest and this will sound sooo out there it didnt' freak me out i just knew once i turned around and difficult child wanst' there it was him and i just shook my head.

so weird

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Seriously, Jena, it's not necessarily a bad thing to live with spirits. Is there any place in the world where there is no human history?

We had our house blessed with a priest and sage grass. The spirit stayed, it wasn't a threat, just a presence. We will all be in the other world and probably have dwelt there before.

Jena

What is Taps???

so you have a spirit in your home now??? well he doesn't seem to get the house rules and this kid was troubled his uncle said bigtime

nvts

TAPS is "The Atlantic Paranormal Society". Their show is called "Ghosthunters" and they're located in Rhode Island (or New Hampshire?). Anyway, they have this show and they come into your home and investigate it to see if they can get proof. If there's a child involved, they almost always take the case. They don't cost anything, but you have to agree to give them free access to the house and to film what's going on. It's a great show - Jason and Grant are great but when Steve and Tango get horsing around with each other, it really gets funny.

Here's their website:

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

They're on the SciFi Channel.

Beth

donna723

TAPS is name of the group of paranormal investigators on the TV show, "Ghost Hunters". They use scientific equipment to investigate places that are believed to be haunted. There's several episodes on every Wednesday night on the SciFi channel. Neat show!

Jena

thanks! wow guys if i watched that show now id' really be spooked. do they help it to get to the other side too???

at this point i've got all the proof i need lol. i don't wanna be seeing him.......no i'm good lol.

i shoudl of asked the uncle if he had a girlfriend?? i keep having these odd dreams i can't piece together and i hardly ever remember my dreams.

Andy

You should have a talk with easy child to see what might be going on with her. Think about it - 17 yr old boy spirit living in house of 16 yr old girl? Maybe things are happening that she is too freaked out to tell you about? She could easily be the target of his "practicle jokes".

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I am the son of three shadows and i personally have had some experience with the paranormal side of life. i have had a younger female spirit (about 19 years of age) by my side for about 10 years and she just follows me around. she has saved my hind end on a couple occasions (car crash avoidance) but trust me i really am a good driver. honestly there is no harm being done except for objects to go missing. as far as the missing drugs lock them up with a combination lock. personally i have never felt threatened by the presence of "my" follower as the kids should try to look at it, it is a new member of the family. of course blended families are hard.
TAPS is a very good organization that has helped with a lot of interesting cases. many times they have found nothing other than local kids playing pranks or in a worse case kids using a ghost as an excuse to take drugs or money and the parents believing the stories start to imagine the presence of a being because it makes it seem like there is an alternative reason as to why items go missing. i am the good twin just for reference any more questions or concerns talk to my mom and she will blow up my ear about it like usual.

Jena

Thank you "good twin" for your input :)

i'm glad that you have accepted your presence. yet mine feels like it wants something, what i do not know......