Filled his pants again.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
A couple of weeks ago, wee difficult child pooped his pants in his sleep.

We were just outside getting the horses up and he did it again. It was loose, but not liquid diarrhea (sorry this is gross). He apologized repeatedly and said he didn't know.

Not sure what to make of it.

Now he's in the tub and I still have a boatload of work to do outside. Happy Mother's Day!

Sara PA

Sounds like the partial seizures I use to have. I knew it was going to happen but not always with enough time to get to the bathroom, at least until I was able to recognize the aura.

Christy

Sorry! At least it's not deliberate. Since it's happened again, it is best to have things checked out medically. I hope you'll get some reassurance that everything is okay.

Christy

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ditto to everything above!

Could be a seizure -- husband has seizures that make him "feel" like he's going to lose his bowels, and for some people who have these, they actually DO lose them.

Could also be a GI issue. difficult child 1 has Crohn's disease and he would have accidents like that.

Hope it's NEITHER, and that it's something that is easily explained and fixed! Keep us posted :) AND DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR A WEE BIT OF GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS!!! I'm sure we can all handle it.

looking4hope

It could also be a medication problem. My difficult child had urine leakage when using Depakote -- he didn't even feel like he had to go. He only had one "gusher", but mostly he would wet himself enough that he was able to get to the bathroom before making a big mess. Check the side effects of all his medications, and talk to his psychiatrist and a pharmicist (preferably on at a psychiatric hospital, because they'll be more familiar with the medications). Once my difficult child was off Risperdal, the problem went away.

looking4hope

Sorry. I meant to say that my difficult child had uring leakage on Risperdal. He's now on Depakote and Seroquel and doing well. Still, call the psychiatrist and/pharmacist to see if this can be a side effect.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari,

Just wanted to send some support - and tell you that it is VERY important to keep notes on day, time, date, sort of bm - and present that to the doctor. Also ask and record your difficult children reaction to it - If it were happening every day or more than 2 x a week I might chime in and say it was encopresis, but I do not think so given what you've told us. Also - to get the smell out of the clothes - use 20 Mule team Borax in the wash and if you have an extra rinse cycle use it. Sometimes if the smell isn't out - and you dry the pants - it will make the next things you dry in the dryer smell like bm. So either wash again or line dry in the sun to remove the odor.

Hugs,

Star