Finally on right medications, 11 weeks of a HAPPY TEEN!!

lonelyroad

I am so proud of my daughter, she missed close to ten weeks of classes in Grade 8, due to horrible depression issues, different medicines and horrible side effects. Hit the right medication's in March, and after being out of class for three solid weeks she literally forced herself to go back..and finished the last 11 weeks strongly.
Last night she graduated with the Academic Excellence Award, 80% for both semesters, and the one award that made me cry... Medal of Perserverance, a medal given to a student that has had obstacles to overcome, and giving 100%. I spoke to her teacher, who has only taught for 6 months, and he said when they gave him the criteria for picking a student for this one, he said there was no hesitation....then I started crying again, what a night.... What a FANTASTIC SCHOOL!!!!!

T

TeDo

YIPPEEEEE! YAHOOOOO! Isn't it wonderful what the right diagnosis AND the right medications can do. Way to go difficult child! I am very proud of you BOTH!

StressedM0mma

I am so very happy that the medications are working for her!! What a wonderful end of the school year. I am so happy for both you and difficult child. Congrats!!

B

Bunny

I had tears in my eyes when I read your post. I can even begin to tell you how happy I am for your daughter and for you!

buddy

That is amazing news. Did she stay on the Abilify then? wow, I hope this is the ticket for her. No child should have to go through so much, but how great that she found out what a strong person she is!

That is such wonderful news!! Glad to hear that she is doing so well. And what a great award she received - and a well deserved one as well! Congratulations! What a great way to end a difficult year.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
This is wonderful news, congratulations to you and your difficult child. I loved that she received the Medal of Perseverance, thank you for sharing your positive story!