Get this crazy Thanksgiving event!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
My husband was called to DJ an event outside at Best Buy from 1am-6am for all the people who are camping out in front to get the sales tomorrow morning. They already have people who are sleeping there as of last night. I'm sorry, but there couldn't be the best sales that I would do that. :smile: They are expecting several hundred people.

Abbey

They would have to be giving things away (I mean like laptops or plasma TVs, not DVDs or anything) for me to CAMP OUT and then put up with the crowds on "black friday".

Abbey

Spork Queen
They are giving things like that away. They have a NICE laptop and printer/scanner/fax for $299. I still wouldn't do the line in the middle of the night.

Abbey

BBK If that were the case, you would have had to get in line last week! Why would someone want to spend the entire Thanksgiving day, night, and the night before on the Best Buy sidewalk????-Alyssa

KFld

My sister in law, girlfriend, easy child daughter her boyfriend and my niece and her fiance all left at 4:45 this morning. They couldn't belive I didn't want to come. Lets see, it's now 8:05. I just woke up feeling nice and refreshed and I told them to call me when they go to lunch :smile:

Abbey

Spork Queen
As to be expected...it got shut down. Cops called...fist fights. Geez...it's supposed to be a holiday.

Abbey

Lothlorien

No Thanks! It's way too cold in the northeast for me to go camp out in the middle of some parking lot. Some stores and shopping centers opened at midnight. I used to work retail. I would have rebelled big time if my company decided to go through with that! I think it's insane that some stores like K-mart and Circuit City are open on Thanksgiving Day. This should be one day that people can spend with their families. It should stay that way.