Girl's night out

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by Nancy, May 3, 2012.

1. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I went to a dinner/comedy show last night with four neighbor ladies and found myself laughing and having fun and not once thinking about difficult child until one of them asked how she was doing. I just matter-of-factly said she had relapsed badly and all we could do now was pray and then went on to enjoy the rest of the evening.

This ladies is progress!

Nancy

2. bby31288

bby31288 Active Member

Nancy. Sounds like a success. Life is hard. We try everyday. I'm proud of you! I guess I'm a grown difficult child. Never would have guessed. But because of you n DDD and toughlovin and others you have all helped me. My prayers to all of you and your difficult children everyday!!

3. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good for you!! Sounds like a fun group.

~Kathy

4. dashcat

dashcat Member

It is, indeed!

5. toughlovin

toughlovin Guest

I am so glad you had a good time.... I think that is when we know we are really starting to detach... when we got out and truly have fun!!!

6. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Way To Go! It's great that you are inching away from the isolationism that absorbs us with our difficult child's in crisis. There is another
    world out there and I'm happy you are joining in. Hugs DDD

7. Tiredof33

Tiredof33 Active Member

Glad you had a great time - problems can suck the life out if we let them!!

8. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Way To Go!!!

You deserve more of these nights out! Seize the - whatever - and roll, girl!

9. exhausted

exhausted Active Member

:hi5: This awesome and I wish you more moments of peace and fun. You deserve it!

10. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Yeah for you!!! -RM:likeit: