Going a little nuts this week...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Where do I begin?

difficult child 2's medication and school issues...
husband's medical (waiting to hear brain MRI results tomorrow) and psychiatric issues (he now appears to be in a depressive phase for some unknown reason)....
difficult child 1's irritation with me for putting him through this food allergy testing -- he now has 21 patches of food taped to his back until Friday afternoon and the tape is driving him nuts and his medications are wearing off so he is becoming beligerent and obnoxious and threatening to skip school...
Plus difficult child 1 has been getting dizzy lately...

easy child/difficult child 3 is about the only one not having problems right now!

Is it any wonder I'm distracted?

Oh, and I forgot to mention my father, who is morbidly obese but thinks he's just a "big guy" (at 5'6" and 295 pounds), is now on oxygen 24/7 and gasping for air just to cross the room, has to sleep sitting up in a chair every day, rarely goes out of the house for the past year, is a known bladder cancer patient prone to kidney stones, and whose legs and feet are swollen to more than double their normal size (but he doesn't want anyone to talk about that or let the doctor know it's a problem), has written off yet another doctor (pulmonologist this time) because he didn't "like" him and doesn't want to do the tests he recommended (sleep study for starters -- afraid they'll find out about his apnea (DUH) and he'll lose his license because he's so sleep deprived)! Can you say D.E.N.I.A.L.?

And I know my poor mom is depressed because she is around him all the time now and he vents on her but won't take any suggestions or advice. And he's verbally abusive (always has been).

Summer vacation just ended and I'm already wanting to run away again!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending some major (((hugs))) your way. Your Dad sounds like my step-dad, and he was that way until he passed away. I feel for your Mom, that's awfully rough to go thru especially with the verbal abuse on top of it.

As for difficult child 1, can't say I blame him for being irritable. lol I know I'd be with a bunch of foods taped to my back. But then, the tape would get me started....Not a fun thing to go thru for sure.

How about a nice girl's night out with a couple of friends for a break? Possible? You could use the time away.

((hugs))

4sumrzn

I'm so very sorry. I agree with Daisylover.....try to find a way to get some "you time", recharge a little. I know, doesn't make it all go away, but could help you feel a bit better ;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Boy, when it rains it pours! I'm sorry things are so hard right now. I agree with the others, you need some "me" time. by the way, I can totally relate to summer being gone and wanting to run away again!