Going for my (FREE) day of BEE-YOU-TEE!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I will be going from this: :hairy:
to this: :lipstick:

which will leave me feeling like this: :cutie_pie:

This is that day of pampering contest my mom entered me in back in December -- I got the surprise phone call a few weeks ago to tell me I'd won a free cut, color, manicure and choice of massage or facial (picked the massage).

I'm really excited! A whole morning of pampering without difficult child's! Haven't had my hair cut or professionally colored since last May. I think that's the last time I had my nails done, too (it was my brother's wedding). And it's probably been about two years since I last had a massage, when husband and I went away for a weekend before his brain surgery.

All right Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my close-up!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it was nice to be pampered, and I'm grateful for the day I was given, but I didn't expect my hair color to turn out the way it did! :wildone: Somehow, the hairdresser interpreted warm, reddish brown to mean burgundy red. Whatever. It's just hair. The cut looks great, my fingernails are quite lovely, and my lower back and shoulders feel terrific! :D Someone brought a yummy quiche and some other snacks for everyone to enjoy, no one would accept a gratuity from me, and I was given a goodie bag with hair product samples, a $5 coffee house gift card and a $5 bakery gift card! All-in-all, a pretty darn wonderful day!

And then I had to go home... :biting:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think we need to arrange for someone to come in and give us all those at our next group gathering! ;)

DammitJanet

Burgundy Red?!? LOL. Well, that probably looks good on you with all the chickens. Just dont let them close enough to mistake it for a comb!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Seriously, I look like I've had my head soaking in a glass of burgundy, or merlot! I'm going to give it a week or so, and then I may recolor it to what I had before. I don't know what that guy was thinking....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Gvc, your hair description made me laugh so hard...a couple of years ago I was going with red hightlights and one day I saw a picture of me with the sun reflecting off my head...can you say, "OMG, not a good look"? I immediately went back to my natural brown. Holy Red! It looked almost purple-ish reddish, just strange.

I will advise you to have a professional change your color so soon after a treatment, however. You could burn your hair if you color it too soon without the proper pre-care.

The massage sounds heavenly - I keep forgetting that I have a $100 GC to the local spa! What am I waiting for??

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I would advise having a professional re-color your hair as well. Basically, the old color will need to be removed and new color applied in its place. The over the counter stuff to do this is extremely harsh and can badly damage your hair. It wouldn't hurt to contact the salon and tell them you are unhappy with the hair color.

It's unlikely they will fix it free because it was done for free, but I'd doubt they'd charge you full price.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Jo -- exactly, WTH ARE you waiting for???!!! Make that appointment today!

GN, someone here posted (I think) that Prell will strip out haircolor... not sure if that's true or not. I could try just a temp hair color.... whatever they used in the salon, I don't think it was very harsh. Didn't have nearly the bad smell I've experienced with other colors...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
GVC. The salons have got access to much less harsh stuff than you do. They've gotten away from the ammonia laden chemicals they used to use. Also, not stinking doesn't necessarily mean that it's less harsh for your hair, just that it smells better.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
If you have a Sally's beauty supply shop near your home, check there - they have salon quality products and can likely help you out!!! Look on line for one near you.