Good Monday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :coffee:

I'm off to hop in the shower in a moment. husband and I need to pick up our new glasses this morning. This is my first pair of "always" glasses, I've had reading glasses before this. I hope I adjust to them well, I hate it when they rub on the bridge of my nose and behind my ears! I may end up going with contacts down the road if these are just too uncomfortable.:bloodshot:

After that, we're whisking Duckie off to beautiful Niagara Falls, Ontario for a day at Marineland. She'll be thrilled once she knows about it, lol!:bigsmile:

Have a great day! :salute:

smallworld

Good Monday morning!

TM, enjoy your trip to Niagra. Hope you adjust to your new glasses. I've been wearing mine for so long that now I don't feel right without them.

We have a busy day in front of us. M goes to meet her new teacher at 1 pm today. After that, there's a party on the playground planned by the PTA for all the kids at her school. Then M has a psychiatrist appointment. And then we have a welcome-back picnic at A's school. Whew!

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

TM, hope you and Duckie have a great time at Marineland.
Smallworld, the back-to-school events sound like fun, but what a jam-packed schedule. Hope that M likes her new teacher.

I'm getting organized for the next round of business travel this morning. Packing up the computer and all the gear I'll need for meetings, making sure I have enough clean clothes for 3 days on the road. husband is doing the driving, so I will be able to read, knit, work or nap while travelling.

This is the last out of town run! Woo-hoo!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope you adjust to the new glasses quickly. I have an eye check on Thursday and am thinking about contacts but since I have bifocals I don't know. Enjoy Marineland! Do you have to have passports now to go there?

SW-It does sound like a busy day-I hope the kids like their new teachers!

Trinity-I'm glad you are almost done with your business traveling-I would imagine it's exhausting!

Today is busy. I'm suppose to go to a meeting this morning (it's somewhat optional) and am thinking of skipping. I definitely have to go into school and am worried I won't get in my nap if I try to do both (priorities as work hasn't officially started). husband is going to the same meeting and could fill me in.

I also have to fit in the health club as I didn't make it either Sat. or Sun.

difficult child is still has respite til tomorrow afternoon so it is very quiet here.

Wishing everyone a great no meltdown Monday!:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Sharon- We have a Nexus card, which means we've been pre-screened to cross the border. We'll actually drive into Niagara Falls, NY to cross there because they have a Nexus only bridge that will have virtually no wait time. :)

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, Niagara Falls sounds like a wonderful day trip. I'd love to see it myself one day. Good luck with the new glasses - like smallworld, I can't imagine life without my glasses.

Smallworld, sounds like you have a hectic day coming up. I hope the new teacher is a good fit.

Trinity, sounds like you're an experienced traveller.

Sharon/WO, I hope you can pack in your priorities for today. The gym does sound like it's waiting for you.

We had a quiet day at home today, I got a bit more gardening done. The budgie is behaving as if it's hopped up on caffeine - definitely a difficult child budgie, throwing his cage furniture around and deliberately dropping things off the table just to see what happens. Tomorrow we're considering going out to a science exhibition in the city, travelling with a home-schooling family that lives nearby. We weren't going until Wednesday, but since husband & I have to go talk to the bank in the morning about a credit card fraud problem (I posted in Watercooler - someone has accessed our NEW credit cards before they even arrived and our credit cards arrived already maxed out and overdrawn) then we may as well continue on into the city.

We'll know tomorrow morning what we're doing.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
TM - sounds like a great trip! I hope you enjoy hte new glasses. It may sound strange, but there is a cream made by the Monistat people that is an anti-chafing cream. It is a silicone base and is meant for where thighs rub together. I have found it AWESOME behind the ears where new glasses rub until you get used to them. Maybe this will help your adjustment. It helped both Jess and thank you get used to new glasses.

Smallworld - I hoep you have a good time at school and productive appointments. Sounds like a busy day.

Trinity - enjoy your trip! Don't forget the toothbrushes and power cords!

Wiped - Enjoy the exercise! And the peace and quiet.

I am planning to take my medications and sleep off the migraine I woke up with. Am waiting for the medications to work now. We started school 2 weeks ago and thank you just left for the bus. So my kids are gone until 3:30.

Happy No Meltdown Monday to all.