Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

We've had a quiet day today, but a productive one for difficult child 3. He worked slowly, was a bit distracted by a new construction kit, but when I said, "It's time to shut off this worksheet and post it in whether it's done or not," he did his best to finish it. Then he showed me what was left, and I talked him into spending 15 minutes on doing something - and he did it! He didn't think he could, and I am impressed by what he wrote. Mind you, I wonder if his teacher will again say I wrote it for him...

I've got some rice cooking and osso bucco heating up on the stove. When that's done we're heading down to mother in law's (in the car; it's cold and raining) to serve up dinner.

My cold (flu, I think) is still hanging around and difficult child 3 is fighting off symptoms. I'm still planning a quiet weekend though.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:water_happy: Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!

Marg, good to hear that you have a quiet weekend planned!

It is yucky, and sticky, and humid, and hot outside already this morning :hot: We are above 100 for the next three days! Fortunately, I'll be heading to the beach on the third day and you know there is always a breeze at the shore and there is always the ocean to cool off in! :beach:

difficult child had a great time at the job site with bonehead yesterday. Bonehead was in a meeting about the first hour we were there but then they spent about an hour and half down there walking the three areas. I had a tremendous amount of work to do and, once difficult child got back, he sat quietly and listened to his ipod for like two hours. I was impressed!

Today is getting the house in order (always make sure the house is nice and clean before I go anywhere so I can come home to a clean house!), last of the laundry before packing tomorrow, difficult child is cleaning out the car and then loading the beach gear, a quick run to the grocer and then I have a nail appointment. Should have all that done by 3 and then I'm kinda thinking a little nap might be in order!

Wishing everyone a great Friday :peaceful:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marguerite, glad to hear the symptoms are starting to improve. Hope you are feeling better after a quieter weekend.
Good to hear difficult child has good writing skills. His ability to stick with the work until done is really impressive although I know your supervision and cueing help him attain those goals.

LDM, the beach!! Yay! I know you are looking forward to the change in tempo of your days. Enjoy. I'll still be stuck in the ugly, muggy, humid heat that you are leaving. I definitely do my stuff before 10AM and stay inside until 6PM unless I absolutely have to be out and about. Finding shade to park a car is a competitive sport this time of year. Good news about difficult child hanging out with bonehead. Sounds like he is growing up. I like that he is a help with the packing. Take care of that injury. You don't want to over do.

No call on the job interview for difficult child. It was such a positive interview then nothing. Hmmmmm. If they don't call today then we need to go elsewhere. Too sad for difficult child.

We are not planning much this weekend. The neighborhood is having a TGIF party at the pool this evening. I may go even though husband is out of town and won't be back until late. It's just so hot that it makes hanging outside pretty uncomfortable. My next two weekends are tied up with relatives from Milan who are bringing their 12yr old son for his first visit. It's the parents second visit , the first being their honeymoon 25 yrs ago. I'm going to try to get them to a pro baseball game, maybe a bit of Difficult Child then ship them to easy child at wife. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. Mom just wants to feed them which is why I have to go up to intervene. She isn't capable of doing what she thinks she can do. So I get to wear the "donkey" hat and do it for her.

So stay cool for those of you in my hemisphere. Stay warm Marguerite and rest up.

TerryJ2

Looks like Fran, Sharon and I will be sweating it out this weekend. I've got to get a quick walk in b4 it's too late.
Marg, that's great that your son is doing so well. Sorry you have the spectre of the Doubting Teacher over your shoulder.
I had a migraine all wk and it culminated in a biggie two nights ago, and yesterday. I finally got rid of it. Yaay!
I've hired a svc to take my cousin shopping and to appts. It seems to be working well.
I'm looking forward to painting today. Woo hoo!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone,

Marg, I hope you're feeling better and glad you have a quiet weekend planned.
Sharon, nothing like a beach getaway! Enjoy~
Fran, I'm sorry about the no call for the job. I know how difficult that is to watch difficult child get her hopes up over a job interview only to have it fall flat. I hope something better comes along. Enjoy the little pool shindig, you will have fun.
Terry, enjoy painting! I always find painting to be so relaxing.

TGIF! My coworker is now officially out on disability to at least 2 weeks, possibly 4. She's having surgery so I will be the main person for everyone and everything until she returns and there is so much going on! Yikes~ Well, better get to it!

Enjoy the day everyone~

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!!

Marg-I'm glad it was a quiet day for you and you have a quiet weekend planned. What is osso bucco? I've never heard of it.

Sharon-Sounds like a busy day ahead but a nail appointment. sounds fun! Stay cool!!

Fran-The pool outing sounds nice! I'm sorry difficult child hasn't heard back yet. How is difficult child handling it? I'm really praying he finds one soon! Sounds like you have a good time planned for your relatives!

Terry-Sorry about your migraine but glad it is feeling better!

Jo-Enjoy your busy day.

Yesterday we had almost 4 inches of rain! The storms were so incredible to watch. There were many tornadoes in the surrounding area-thankfully none by us.

This morning I've been to boot camp and made a fruit trifle for easy child/difficult child's birthday-she is 17 today!!

We're taking her to Red Lobster for lunch today-her choice!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: