Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day folks, from the wintry hemisphere.

Officially first day of winter today for us. I would have preferred to stay in bed but it was the six-monthly pediatrician appointment for the younger pair. Plus I felt like I was drowning in lungfuls of muck and cooking up a fever, so I rang my doctor and insisted I get seen. I got a phone call back saying, "Come in 45 minutes."
Problem - with the main road closed, it was going to take me all of those 45 minutes to drive to the doctor.

I did it, not too late but driving on a wet, muddy road through the rainforest was a bit hairy, the car was skidding a bit.

The doctor ordered blood tests plus a chest X-ray, she was querying pneumonia and pleurisy. I didn'tget to collect the X-rays until late afternoon, I snuck a peek - they're clear. So I'm going to wait a few days before seeing the doctor, no mad rush. The blood test results will be in by then.

The pediatrician has put difficult child 3 on melatonin to see if that helps the insomnia. easy child 2/difficult child 2 is staying on her stims, the doctor was happy with her progress. I'll need new referrals for the next appointment but by then my younger girl will be a married woman. It feels bizarre, I can't keep up.

In between appointments and collecting X-rays, etc she & I talked about wedding plans, visited a couple of jewellers (about wedding rings) and I finally got to show her the wholesaler providore we've found. I needed some ingredients not easily found in the mall.

I just got an email from easy child 2/difficult child 2 - the bridal shop has received her wedding dress that she had ordered, she needs to come in for a final fitting. She's asked me to come along too. I suggested asking daughter in law too, as she is one of the bridesmaids.

I was so glad to get home this evening and crawl into bed!

Tomorrow afternoon after school I have difficult child 3's drama class, I'll need to go out a little earlier to drop off some more pathology the doctor has ordered. It's also possible that easy child 2/difficult child 2's dress fitting could be tomorrow afternoon as well. When we drive out of town at the moment, we do our best to get everything done. The main road out of town is open every afternoon after school, so if easy child 2/difficult child 2 can wait until then for her appointment, we can fit it in. Otherwise we'll have to wait a week and I'll have to make a special trip.

OK, I'm going to crawl back into bed now. If I'm online later tonight, it will be from bed on my laptop, so you'll need to excuse any typos!

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Your day sounds incredibly long especially for not feeling well. I'm glad it doesn't look like pneumonia and hope it's nothing serious and that you are feeling better soon.

Back to work today. I'm not feeling well but hopefully after I get my medications in me that will change (I'll post in wc). After work tonight we have a staffing on difficult child, a much needed one.

Hopefully husband and I will make it to the health club tonight.

Wishing everyone a peacceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg & Sharon- I hope you both are feeling better. Get some rest.

I just have groceries and rummage today, then Duckie has swim after school. It will be a busy week... the church rummage sale is Friday & Saturday, Duckie has two activities after school (swim & gymnastics) and her school play on Wednesday evening. Then, we have a busy weekend too. I think I'm ready for the lazy days of summer, lol!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, take care of yourself ~ you want to attend that wedding.
Sharon, ditto, except you want a fun filled summer laying out by the pool.
TM, another busy week ahead for you.

kt is off to school; I have a house full of company ~ my sister, brother in law & 2 nieces are scattered, still snoring. My nieces K & T are moving into their apartment (on the wrong side of the river) today. They are counting on me to get the discounts for paint from my contractor. Not sure how that's going to happen ~ they will have to really be nice to contractor.

The remodel continues today ~ the laundry room should be finished by the end of the week (fingers crossed). We've had a couple of mishaps (the roof almost caving in the ceiling upstairs; emergency beam & such). Remodeling a 103 year old home is an adventure in terror some days.

"hi" if you snuck in.

Have a calm day ~ leave your loved ones with loving words.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy Monday everyone.
It's back to the grind.
Marge, I can't imagine walking around with a fever. It always seems strange to hear about winter. I am dreading the long days of summer. I love hearing your description of island life. I always think it odd to have one road into town but if I stay on our island, it's the same way(although it's an elevated 6 lane bridge). There is talk of a second bridge since evacuation is difficult in a storm preparation situation. Your little corner of the world sounds pretty.

Wiped out, hope you are feeling better today.

TM, swim lessons must mean summer is coming. :bigsmile:How are you feeling? Any change in the sinus inf./cold? You have had a tough year.

difficult child had a great time at the convention. Can you believe that someone asked difficult child his room number on the elevator(they were talking about the convention). Next thing you know difficult child has a bill added on to his hotel bill for 2 Corona's. Poor difficult child was so flustered. He correctly called to ask for help to explain that he didn't do it. Once we assured him that he didn't do anything wrong, it was quickly rectified. Comparing the signatures proved that difficult child's almost illegible signature was considerably different than the neat print and signature of the thief. Once again my difficult child is vulnerable by being too trusting. :angrydude: Lesson learned by difficult child. TG! it was only for 2 beers.

So all is well and everyone has returned to the nest. Back to the old grind. Have a productive Monday.

It's another gorgeous morning. I actually saw a hawk/kite or some bird of prey on my outside rocker. Scared the bejeebies out of me since it was looking in the window at me. Mosquito's were bad last night. Ugh. We are thinking about a screened porch so we can enjoy the outside a bit more at night.
So Monday means laundry and bills to be paid.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Linda, eeeekkk about the ceiling caving. It does sound pretty intense. Good luck with remodeling. It always seems to take so long but the end result is wonderful. Hope all your guests bring a lot of life into your home. Company is fun and it's nice to say good bye and have your house back.

Marg, I hope you feel better soon. Forget about posting later - Get some much needed zzz's!!!

Sharon (WO), I hope you feel better soon too. I haven't been to WC in awhile so I have no idea what's going on. I'll try to read a bit today.

TM, I'm with you - I want the SUMMER!!!:beach:I hope your day goes well and hopefully, Duckie will be ready for bed by the time swimming and gymnastics are over.

Life has been rough around here and that is why I haven't been posting much. Too much to do in not enough time (I think just about everyone can relate to this.) difficult child 1 is a total PITA!!!:mad: He is beginning to drain me of what little energy I have. husband and I are doing everything we can think of to get him off of his butt. The preparation for difficult child 2's hearing is extremely stressful and expensive. And of course, easy child is a typical teen, putting what she wants before everything else...

Then there are all of the small things that are really just little inconveniences but keep adding up - Can't find appropriate outfits for hearing (It could take up to two days - I have no idea why), new glasses need adjusting, can't find a pair of sunglasses to fit my face (can't wear plastic ones because of shape of face), etc...

Well, I could go on and on and on... BUT I'll stop!!! I have to keep telling myself that all of this is just a drop in the bucket - It was only a short time ago I didn't know if husband was going to survive his heart attack. I have to keep things in perspective. If the repair person makes it to my house and actually gets my treadmill running, it will be an excellent day:D...

Anyway, as always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :beach_ball::flower: WFEN

Linda, Did you ever see the movie, The Money Pit? It's a really old one but when I first saw it, I had to laugh. It reminded me of what we went through with our house. I still have nightmares and this was years ago! Anyway, I'm glad your roof survived!!! What a horrible experience!!!

Fran, I'm glad your difficult child had a good time at the convention. And, you're right - difficult children are so vulnerable. I'm glad to hear that your difficult child is maturing. It is wonderful that he knew to ask for help. This is a big step forward!!! Hopefully, he learned a valuable lesson from this unfortunate experience. Hope your Monday goes smoothly and the chores are done quickly. I love screened porches!

Hi to anyone else who sneaks in while I'm typing this. I'm SLOW this morning!!! WFEN

therese005us

Good evening

Marg - it sounds like you've got what I have, sorry I passed it through cyberspace to you:D My daughter has come down with a sore throat and cough today too. I thought I might go to the doctor tomorrow if I'm not much better. In the meantime, I have been having megadoses of garlic and Vitamin C. I keep throwing away the antibiotic scripts but if it keeps going I guess I'll have to go to hospital (had my bag packed all weekend just in case I would give in) and it will be unavoidable then.

Anyway, we had a fairly sunny first of the winter here in QLD.

bio mum rang several times. School had little cherub in pull up all day and refuses to budge on toileting her regularly in underwear. So, I can imagine the result by the end of the week. Thought I would ring the school tomorrow and have a little chat. Sometimes I wonder if I get the full story.

Hi everyone, starting their summer. We're looking forward to many days curled up by the stove.... hot soups, scones and cream etc.

Marg's Man

Actually Trish I think difficult child 3 gave it to me while sharing a v-e-r-y small motel room for easy child's wedding back on 1 May. I duly caught and being the loving man I am gave it to Marg.

ANYTHING to make her rest! (Not really - I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy let alone her). It seems to be what the health authorities are calling the "Seasonal Flu" as opposed to Swine Flu. I've been crook since early May and difficult child 3 even longer and we're still coughing up thick 'ropes' of muck. No other symptoms though.

If this is mild compared to swine flu - I DON'T want it!!!

Marg's Man

Last edited:

Marguerite

I just crawled out of bed to see how everybody's going.

Trish, you sound a bit like me with antibiotics. The doctor wanted to put me on antibiotics right away, I reminded her that in my case we need to get special authority from the infectious diseases/allergy expert because I'm allergic to just about everything in the usual armoury. While wandering around the providore, I rememberd THE BEST home remedy for sore throat/cough - honey! It has to be GOOD honey, preferably from the beekeeper with no middleman in between. No boilingthe honey, no pasteurisation, no treatment - just fresh, raw honeywith all the natural antibiotics, the natural growth factors and healing properties. I saw a block of honey in the comb on the shelves at the providore's and I've been eating just half a teaspoonful at a time through the evening. I carve off a thin slice and chew up the wax even after I've got all the honey out.

I've been not too bad during the afternoon, but my chest is starting to get congested again after a few hours without honey. I'm off to chew up some more honeycomb right before bed...

And a good Aussie bush honey is strongly flavoured, it can put hairs on your chest.

My mother used to warm it and mix it with lemon juice but since my kids now refuse "lemon and honey" I've found that jsut a small spoonful will have much the same benefit.

I also use it when planting cuttings - natural honey makes a really effective substitute for hormone rooting powder. husband has a co-worker who is also a beekeeper so we have lots of good raw Aussie honey.

So since I can't use anything else (other than paracetamol for the fever) I'm treating myself (in every sense of the word) with honey, until the doctor calls me in to discuss the test results.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone. Get well, those who are sick. Get cracking, those of you who are renovating. If I get to see my girl trying on her wedding dress tomorrow, I'll report in.

As for walking around with a fever - difficult child 1 has said for a lnog time that I have Black Knight Syndrome, from the character in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", where Arthur fights the Black KNight, keeps chopping off bits of him (with large amounts of spurting blood from the stumps) and when Arthur finally moves on (leaving a disembodied head on the ground) you hear the Black Knight's head shouting after him, "Come back here, you coward! Stop running away! Come back and I'll BITE you to death!"

I reckon it's what we have to do, when you're mother to a difficult child.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

therese005us

I wish Icould send you some honey. Before the flood last November I had bees and had robbed them twice. I still have a little left over. We have honey and lemon and drink lemon and ginger tea, and have lots of garlic. I have a powerful natural remedy for bad flus, it will either kill or cure you!!

It' s Tuesday here now, and we had a light shower overnight. I am determined to get some sewing done today since my ds is not going out to work. we don't have to go out till 4pm.

Hope you're feeling better today Marg.