Good Morning Saturday

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Marguerite, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

G'day, everyone.

Late evening here, you all must be sleeping in on your weekend.

Weird weather still - lovely and clear here, bucketing down where husband headed to this morning, so he came home again. He was supposed to be helping at a kid's Christmas party but they rang up & cancelled.

difficult child 3 & I did some organising of his school stuff, including choosing his subjects for the next two years. We then set off to post his school envelope and so we had a lovely walk in the late morning.

Otherwise it's been puddling in the garden today, weeding, planting more seeds, teaching difficult child 3 a bit more science about plants, giving the orchids their six-monthly feed...

A quiet night tonight, easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 are seeing a movie, it's his 21st birthday today. They're planning on visiting his parents tomorrow, they haven't seen him for several months.
    We just watched "The Bill", British police drama that difficult child 3 has begun watching in daytime repeats. For difficult child 3 to watch ANY non-cartoon TV show he hasn't seen before, is a miracle; for him to follow the action and be able to discuss it - absolutely amazing!

He's just said goodnight, he's at his talkative, over-excited stage at the moment but hopefully once he's settled in bed he will be asleep in minutes. He doesn't do anything by halves - everything is done with gusto!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good Morning,

Marguerite-Sounds like you had a lovely day. Puddling around in the garden sounds nice. I just need to get out and do some raking but I don't think it will happen today.

I'm off to work in a bit. After that I have to quickly hit the mall to get easy child a winter jacket as the last time she got one was in third grade so it's time for a new one.

Then I need to hurry home as the game is an early one! :fan: Then I hope to get in nap and a visit to the health club as I didn't get there Thursday or Friday. :treadmill:

husband is going to make his homemade pizza tonight so that should be tasty and I don't have to do the cooking! :dance:

I hope everyone enjoys their days and finds some unexpected pleasures. :future:
  3. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Good morning. :coffee:
    Marg- Yes, I tried to sleep in this morning. Of course the kitties would have none of that.... :pet:
    Sharon- Enjoy your day! We have raking as well. I really need to get it done before the snow flies or my beds will be really bad in the spring. :autumn:
    I have more deliveries, Duckie has dance, husband hopes to mow the lawn one last time and then we have our big service this evening at church. I'm glad I didn't volunteer for more than to be there with the kids an hour early. :thumbsup:
    Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :its_all_good:
  4. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Good morning friends,

Marg, gardening is one of my favorite pastimes. I'm glad that you enjoyed your day in the garden. :flower:

Sharon, don't mean to be contentious but GO BADGERS! :fan: :rofl:

I had a lovely day yesterday with my sisters (they're all my sisters - we don't even bother with that sister in law stuff anymore). Spent the day talking, crying, laughing. Ordered in Chinese last night after kt left for respite & played cards while listening to Aretha Franklin, then BB King & just for giggles Sam Cooke. Ended up doing some pretty silly dancing about the house. :dance:

husband hid upstairs - the wuss :smile:

The ladies are coming over this morning for coffee before they leave for their trip back to Wisconsin.

husband & I have a few errands to run but may put it off until tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your Saturday - hug your loved ones. They are precious. :angel:
  5. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Happy Saturday everyone. I'm enjoying another sunny, crisp autumn day. :coffee: Trying to get "to do" list that someone will actually do. LOL.

Marguerite, sounds like a peaceful way to spend a Saturday. Something about gardening is soothing.

Wiped out, sounds like a fun day with football, mall, health club and husband cooking. Can't beat that for a saturday

TM, enjoy your night at the service.

Linda, glad your sisters visited. Sounds like fun. I miss my sisters as usual.

We are doing house stuff as usual. Tonight the neighbors have a quarterly supper club. It's a nice way to meet people and I'm ready for a break for being fairly housebound.

Enjoy the day. :autumn:
  6. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

:princess: Good Morning Everyone!

Marg, Christmas Party????? Isn't it a little early for that? My difficult child is just like your difficult child 3 at bedtime. He seems to get this splurge of energy at bedtime :dance:. That's why we work hard on the reading before bed so he calms down and relaxes!

Sharon, sounds like a great day at your house - have fun watching the game :fan: and husband's meal :spaghetti:

TM, the kids and I are handling the leaves today as well :autumn: the city will be coming by for the first of two leaf collections this coming week. difficult child has already called the blower :surprise: Enjoy the service this evening.

Linda, glad you had a great time with your sisters :princess:. You've not had "out of the house" outings or fun in a while. Enjoy your moring with the ladies and rest this afternoon :sleeping:

As I mentioned above, the kids and I will be going our shortly to wrangle the leaves to the curb for pick up. Then easy child and I are going to drain, clean, and refill the hot tub. After that she will be getting beautiful since her boyfriend will be here this afternoon.

difficult child and I plan on riding our bikes for a little while up to the seminary in our neighborhood. They have a beautiful inner quad we cycle around. After that, it's just play it by ear - no definate plans.

Exbonehead told me last night that he is going to Ca for ten days beginning Christmas day. I asked if he was going to take this kids this time since he told them he would. He acted suprised then said "I'll take them next time" I told him he told them that the last two times he went to Ca. Then he has the nerve to assume I will take care of the pups for ten days over Christmas vacation :smile: :surprise: :faint:

Wishing everyone a relaxing Saturday.