Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Well, so much for taking things quietly.

We went to the trains running day today where I help out selling tickets. husband parked right beside the ticket box which we have found is very helpful for me; saves walking too far.

There had been an article in the local paper about the place and suddenly everyone in town was there. We broke ticket sales records and although the ticket sales is usually a one-person job (although it can get busy to begin with) two of us were so rushed we couldn't take a break, even one of us, to go for help. Even if we had, everyone else was rushed.

We estimate we sold over 4,000 tickets!

husband had said before we arrived, "If you feel tired, say the word and we'll go home. I only need to turn up for half an hour, people will understand."
Maybe so, but both of us were desperately needed. I didn't feel physically taxed, with the car so handy, but as we finished up I began to realise how tired I was. I still have only had a short nap after we got home, I know I have to get to bed very soon.

difficult child 3 stayed home to get a bit of schoolwork done. He didn't get done as much as we hoped, but frankly it was more than I expected.

Last week of treatment coming up. Three days to go.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning!

Marg, glad to hear that the train day was a success! Please know that you will be in my thoughts as you approach the end of your treatments.

Sunday is always a relaxing day around here. One thing I need to do is get my 4th of July food shopping list completed. There are three places I am purchasing from, and I want to double check my recipes and write my lists by store. In addition to my usually gang here for the 4th - most of my family is coming! I'm still waiting to hear from the last holdout - my brother in Albequrque - I'm hoping he will surprise us at the last minute. It's been a number of years since the four of us siblings have been together all at one time!

Other than that, it should be a quiet day. I'm on my way out to do some watering before the heat sets in and then I'll start my list making. I feel sure there will be a nap at some point today!

Have a great Sunday,
Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. :hot:I do not know how anyone lived in the south without a/c and pool. LOL. I don't know how anyone lived up north without central heat, thinsulate and water proof insulated boots. Guess you adapt.

Marguerite, my thoughts are with you as your treatment comes to the end. Hopefully, you will take a loooooooong nap.
How wonderful about the train show being such a success.

LDM, how fun to have your family join you. Take lots of photo's. I forgot to take pictures when my sibs and mom were together. I don't know when all of us will be together again.
The grocery list and the menu planning sounds like a good idea.
We are baking here. It's even too hot to go to the pool. Wish there were more shade around it.

We are going to tend to the garden since everything is baking in the heat. husband took the pups out for a shady walk for 15min. They are bored but it is miserable for them.
I have been waking difficult child up earlier and earlier. He was not a happy boy yesterday but I put him to work straight away and he perked up.
difficult child went to his tutor's house for dinner. It was a nice time. A buddy is supposed to come over today for dinner. He lives on his own. Sometimes I think he comes for a free meal. : )
Oh well. difficult child is friendly and it will be fine.

Keep your fingers crossed, for difficult child's interview tomorrow. He told me last night that he was conflicted. He wants the job but he wants to visit his friends for the weekend in 2 wks. I told him "I will unconflict you. You are going to work!!" Not sure he appreciated my sentiments but he knows it's right. It just gave me a chuckle. AS minds work so differently when assigning priority ratings.

Have a good day. :swimming:

everywoman

Marguerite, you have been in my thoughts. I'm glad the treatments are almost through.

LDM---this will be the first 4th in 20 years I haven't hosted the entire family. Of course, I left my pool behind and a scorching backyard with no water access is not appealing. No one has volunteered to take up hosting the crowd---so my plans are up in the air. I have had lots of invites, and am still sorting through them. It's nice to be the one invited for a change, but I know I will miss hostessing!

Fran, I've given up on my potted plants in this heat---I can't get enough water to the----I'm going to replace with something that may work. Luckily, I have the beach and river to help with the heat---today it is off to the river.

Fran

Former desparate mom
EW, I think a shady river is just the thing. Good for you. I have a pot of succulents and a palm that seem to be doing ok. LOL.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Sounds like a great but tiring day. Hopefully tomorrow you will be able to get some extra rest.

Sharon-Sounds like you have exciting plans for the 4th. I hope your brother makes it! Glad you will be able to fit in that nap;)

Fran-I love the, "I will unconflict you..."! Stay cool today!

EW-Sounds like a nice day at the beach!

Yesterday I accomplished almost everything on my list except getting to the club. Today I will need to get to the club. It's raining this morning-we have had so much rain in June-over 7 inches so far-I hope it stops soon!

husband and I went to see the new Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz movie last night-it was a lot of fun.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: