Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

It's been a return to wintry weather here today. Not too bad, but cold enough for us to wear another couple of layers of knitted garments. Our plans got cancelled which frankly is a good thing, husband & I both needed some rest.

So we stayed home, I worked on my business work (which included, at last, starting up my own FaceBook page for business), and the phone rang. And rang. If we'd gone out we would have been away from it all. And now I have two more jobs I've been asked to do!

We're about to head down to mother in law's to organise dinner. We're going a bit earlier so we can play a board game with difficult child 3. If we stay here much longer the phone will ring again and we'll be stuck even longer!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:pumpkin: Good Morning!

Marg, hot summer days or cold winter days definitely bring the desire to hang close to home. Hope the board game was fun!

My overnight house guest tonight has turned into a dinner party :goo:! A good friend of mine is coming in town to attend a memorial service for someone he used to work with. He was coming over here for dinner and to spend the night but it has morphed into four others coming too! I'm doing a shredded sweet and spicy Chinese pork in the crock. Rather than serve it on rice, I'm serving it on shredded cabbage! A big "oriental style" salad with mandarin oranges, spring onions, julian carrots and cucs, chinese broccoli and finely minced jalapeno topped with a ginger sesame dressing will accompany the pork. Thought to myself this would be a great cool fall day Sunday dinner before I saw we are close to 80 today and it would have a been a great cook out day!!!!! Oh well....

difficult child perfected his German project, "Mein Stammbaum" yesterday! To get a perfect 100% he can't use any English! This boy is loving German! He had a 98 average coming out of the interim period. I'm so glad that I let him wait until high school to take a foreign language so that he could take German. It's so much better for these difficult children to take a class they want rather than one they are forced to!!!!!! They do better an better and it makes our lives a little easier :bigsmile:!

Have a relaxing Sunday,
Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Sounds like a productive day! Hopefully your weather will be warming up soon.

Sharon-Sounds like you will be having a fun dinner party tonight! The dinner you planned sounds delicious!! I'll be there for dinner as well!! How cool that difficult child is loving German!!

difficult child has had me up for quite awhile. Yesterday husband told him they could carve pumpkins today-difficult child was up at 5:30 asking if we could carve pumpkins-yes he is a bit obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pumpkin:

Today is suppose to be another rainy day which means hopefully I will get some work done in the house. Also, I'll be going to the health club at some point today.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:vampire:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning ladies~

I'm tired this morning...I have some homework to do and I think H and I may go look at bathroom layouts later. Fun times, just not into it today.

I hope you all have a low key, stress free day!

C

Circetay

Hi Ladies, I am new here and felt like talking so I hope you don't mind. Sounds like everyone is having good weekends so far. My day yesterday was great but today is sort of a ho-hum kind of day. Not too sure what i'm feeling or what the day has in store for us. I must admit that my difficult child and easy child have been watching tv all morning :( Bad mom. They are getting along relatively well today and I just needed the quiet time. I need to do some housework, and plan dinner but i'm just feeling very blah. I'm overwhelmed with everything going on in my life, and it just gets me down some days. Part of me feels like going shopping, you know, some good old retail therapy. But the truth is that I have no impulse control when I feel this way and will end up spending way too much on stuff we don't need. It feels like one of those days where I want to go to bed and lock the door. I wish I could snap myself out of these funks when they happen but they consume me.

Anyways, i've babbled on about myself long enough. I hope everyone enjoys their days, no matter what you've decided to do!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Circtay,
Glad you came to the morning thread-your bad mood definitely didn't kill the thread. Some mornings there is a lot of activity on the morning thread, others not so much. by the way, I love the idea of retail therapy-but don't have the money! Probably a good thing you skipped that part. I hope your day has gotten better. I surely understand the wanting to go to bed for the day! Hugs.