Good Saturday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
friends & fellow warrior parents. :warrior:

:coffee: I'm in serious need of hmj this morning. Sleeping didn't come easily or at all last night. :bloodshot: I spent the night finishing the painting I've been working on as a wedding gift for my niece. It's finished :painter: - now I have to find the right frame.

kt is off to respite this weekend. husband & I are going to take wm out to lunch this afternoon. I'm so looking forward to seeing my son again - it's been way too long. We're going to his favorite restaurant, Applebee's, & ordering his favorite appetizer. The spinach artichoke dip.

I expect wm will only tolerate lunch so we'll be home fairly early & husband is planning on making a light dinner later in the evening.

I'm hoping the rain of the last couple of days stops so I can get outside & putter around. I never accomplish much but I love getting out in the warm weather.

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday - enjoy your family & all that comes with family life.

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

Linda, congrats on finishing the painting. Pity you're short of sleep, though. Can you get some sleep while kt is in respite?

I had an interesting day - I auditioned for "Wheel of Fortune" (new production). I got in! The pass on the test was 13 out of 15, which is what I got. Not easy - we had six minutes to do the 15 puzzles. So now I wait for up to six months to see if I get picked to go on the show.

Meanwhile husband went with easy child 2/difficult child 2 to look at the flat she wants to rent with BF2. Apparently the previous tenants trashed the place. husband said the place is not too bad, we hope the kids can get it, but there were at least six others at the 15 minute inspection (one inspection only, per week), and now the owner gets to look through all the applications and say whether he accepts any of them. Because our two have never rented before, they have no history and therefore the owner could be nervous about renting to them.

I know my girl - once they're in their own place they will begin to plan their wedding in earnest.

So, fingers crossed for both the flat, and for me getting on that game show!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

And as one of the contestants reminded us today - it's Passover at the moment, which means it's also Orthodox Easter. So to all involved with these - have a blessed time of reflection.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I am sorry you are not sleeping but at least you were productive and finished your painting!:painter: I hope your visit with Wm is a great one!

Marg-Congrats on the Wheel of Fortune-how exciting!:woohoo: I hope your daughter gets the apartment!

We had quite the interesting day at work yesterday. We are connected to a middle school. One of their children brought some sort of firework or something to school and then lit it-he caught on fire. Both the elementary and middle school had to be evacuated for awhile-I'd guess about 30 minutes. We were then allowed back in-our end of the building had only a small amount of smoke smell.
The boy will be alright but was taken to the hospital.

As for today, I'm off to work in a bit. I'm not looking forward to what I'm sure will be a weight gain this week when I get on the scale at work. Later a visit to the health club is in order and, most importantly, a nap!:sleeping:

Tonight husband and I are going to a movie. Should be fun!

I hope everyone has a fun Saturday!:flowers:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- Enjoy your lunch and respite. I hope you find the perfect frame quickly.

Marg- Some landlords are willing to take a chance on kids, some not. Did they submit any character reference letters with their application?

Sharon- I can imagine how upsetting the whole fire works episode would be for everyone. I hope the student is okay!

Duckie and husband are going to do some yard work this morning while I do some cleaning. Then, we go to a spaghetti dinner this evening at the church. I'll be waiting tables. Wish me luck that I don't dump a plate on someone!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :cheers: