Good Saturday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:D Good Morning!

I've been up for a couple hours - that darn internal alarm!

I have a lot of little things to do today. Some laundry, a little straightening around the house, some research for difficult child's IEP, a run to the farmer' market for some fresh veggies and fruit, a run to the grocer for basics, final school supply purchases. Also easy child is coming over because we have one more thing to do in your old room. She had done something different to the wall behind her bed that required screwing large panels on the wall (which are plaster).

I'm gong to repaint that room (as well as get someone to repair the plaster) and she and I are going to work on getting those things off. All the other walls were "stripped" when she moved!

Hopefully there will be time for a little nap!

Hope your Saturday is a good one :peaceful:!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Hi Sharon- I hope you get the nap in, but you sound pretty busy today. :winks:

My crazy, hectic weekend is in full swing. We got through the cheer competition last night. Unfortunately, the girls didn't place. A few were disappointed (like Duckie) but we got the girls through it. The hometown crowd loved them though!

This morning is the parade... it's fun for the girls but hectic for the adults. There's a carnival attached to the parade so I'm sure Duckie will want to do rides after.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone,

Enjoy your day Sharon and I also hope you get that nap because it sounds like you will need it!

TM, enjoy your day at the parade. I will admit that I'm kind of glad I don't have to do that kind of stuff anymore...♥.

I have my weight watchers meeting this morning, followed by coffee with a friend and then a bunch of errands like the bank and post office, etc. This afternoon I will do the household chores and plan my weeks menus. Hopefully.

difficult child is working till 5PM, easy child has a two hour cleaning job she's doing and then homework. H is driving me nuts already because his job was cancelled due to rain. I can't wait to get out of here, lol.

Ciao - enjoy the day!

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, sounds like a busy day for you. I've got some painting to do when life isn't quite so busy.

TM, I'm sorry the girls didn't win the cheer comp, but the experience does work to build improvement for next time. And when the hometown crowd cheers the cheer girls, that has to count for something to build confidence in themselves!

Jo, you also sound busy. You plan your menus that far in advance? Wow! I tend to cook ahead as far as I can, use recipes that make use of leftovers, then when I run out - I cook again! it's usually only a few days.

Our weekend of working on wedding stuff has fizzled a bit. daughter in law is unable to be here, easy child has to head back home tomorrow morning before bridesmaid No 3 is here and bridesmaid no 4 had her baby this afternoon. I was hoping to hem up easy child's dress tonight but the fabric is so delicate and the hem so curved, I can't ease the curve in without threads pulling. So we're going to have to cut the hem short and machine it carefully. I'll leave that for easy child 2/difficult child 2.

However, we did get the hem lined up right. We got makeup organised, practised on hair (more practice tomorrow with bridesmaid No 2).

Tomorrow hopefully easy child 2/difficult child 2 will get back to our place with bridesmaid No 2 before easy child (bridesmaid No 1) has to head back to Canberra. They really need to compare hemlines with at least two of the bridesmaids side by side!

husband polished up our little van this afternoon, we need to do our other car too. Not exactly limousines, but different. Hopefully after this weekend, easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 will feel more confident about the wedding plans being close to being ready. We need to completely make one more bridesmaid's dress and finish off the other three. easy child doesn't like the sleeves - so it could be that after all the work, we're going to take off the sleeves and make the dresses sleeveless. Which means more sewing work to put in some facing. It really is lovely fabric to wear but horrible to work, it frays so badly. We've leaned a lot on a good friend of mine, she's also working on her son's wedding (a few weeks further on). I owe her a great deal, she's also making the cake and being MC for us.

We got the music mostly sorted today as well, although there are still some pieces of music we're looking for.

Less than three weeks to go now. On Tuesday we meet with the wedding reception place, the next day I have to give difficult child 3 another major exam.

Today was the hottest Sydney day since February, it was summery. Hopefully the weather will continue warm for the wedding, if the girls will be sleeveless. That fabric is so lightweight.

Somewhere in there I need to work on my stole and a headpiece. Another thing we were going to work on today... we're running out of time! But hey - if we do run out, so be it. We do the best we can.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg