Good Wednesday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:hot: Yes, that is the right icon this morning. While it may not be summer temps, it is currently 61 degrees at 6 am!!!!!

Good Morning All!

Another busy day ahead, but heck, we're all busy aren't we. I don't think I've every heard anyone say, "I don't have anything to do today", especially during the week.

The kids and I had dinner on tv trays in the family room last night while watching the new Batman movie. difficult child and I had gone to see it in the theatre, but the film messed up about 30 min into the movie and they gave us free passes. I never went back but bonehead took difficult child to see it. It was good, but very, very, very, long......

difficult child had his first day on his new medication, vyvanse. I noticed two things - less of an appetite (absolutely nothing was eaten from his lunchbox and he didn't really have much of an appetite all night) and it took him much longer to settle and get to sleep (almost like when he was on concerta many years ago). This is a much longer acting medication - 11-12 hours instead of 7 or 8. One of the reasons I like the adderall was that it didn't affect his appetite as much and it was worn off by meal time. But, we'll see. psychiatrist said the side effects would lessen after a week or two.

Wishing you all a great day! Try and remember we are half way there..... :winks:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Wish you were visiting here-we have a fresh blanket of snow and cold temperatures-better yet we could switch places-I'll take your warmth:snowangel: My easy child is on Vyvanse-she doesn't eat much but has never been a big eater so hard to tell if it is the medication or not for her-she is so tiny, a size 0-so I wish she would eat more. I hope the new medication works well for your difficult child.

This morning my foot is hurting-It must be from breaking the snow up (the stuff the plow left) with the shovel. It is hurting so much that even in my dreams my foot was hurting.

Long day ahead. After work I have a therapist appointment and then I am going to try to go to book club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

tiredmommy

Good morning Sharon & Sharon! :coffee:

LDM- 61 degrees, WOW! It's hovering around freezing here and snowing as I type. I hope difficult child's side effects lessen quickly, don't forget to write down your observations to tell the psychiatrist.

W.O.- Sorry to hear about your foot. People in snowy areas have aches and pains that others would never imagine. I hope your meeting goes well and you enjoy book club.

I was supposed to run to the social security office for my mother today, but I think that will have to wait. Duckie's been developing a nasty head & chest cold. She slept okay, but still is asleep, so I think I'll let her stay home. She has a big week next week with fun things everyday at school, I'd hate her to miss then. So... cleaning will be the order of the day!

Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon (ldm), 61 degrees - we're hovering at a "balmy" 3 degrees this morning. I'm wearing my usual winter sweats for pj's & wondering about in a fleece sweatshirt. AND you wondered why my husband left.:bigsmile: Tacky tacky

Sharon (with-o), hope your foot is feeling better this morning & that difficult child/easy child's new medication does the trick.

TM, keeping fingers crossed the Duckie feels better soon ~ it's that time of year.

kt, at first got up & "decided" that she didn't feel good enough to go to school. However, our new deal is that for every week she goes to school she can go to the mall the following weekend. (She loves shopping). She may or may not have money (depends on completion of chores); doesn't matter to her ~ she loves to wonder from store to store trying on clothes.

I survived 2 out of 3 appts yesterday. However, I was so angry after the 2nd I knew that I wouldn't be driving to the 3rd. I was devastated to have it suggested that if this or that happened I would be a "neglectful" mother. I almost bit@# slapped the woman. This woman is new to the team & she doesn't know me.

"hi" if you snuck in.

Have a good day all ~ stay warm. Don't forget that 2nd mug of hot cocoa this morning.

Critter Lover

Good Morning All!

I know what you mean Sharon....we had 69 degrees this morning reaching the high of 85 degrees today. :hot: I rather see 70s in temp instead of 80s or 90s.

I think the new supported living arrangement for difficult child is being tested by difficult child. One staff member has had to stay the night twice and he has not been there a week until tomorrow. difficult child is showing his true colors to them and is not treating them any differently than the hell he was putting us through. I told him if he continues they will shoot him to a group home and it will be stricter and he will have to share a bedroom there. We will see how things go but until they can get him in to see about getting his medications looked at ....I think they will have their hands full. At least they know how to deal with these individuals and they have been doing it for years. My home life is very calm now and I am enjoying it immensely. Missing son but not the kayos.

Everyone have a great day and a no meltdown hump day. ;)

Critter Lover

Woofens

Morning all! Today is a lazy day for me, going to get the kids on the bus and go back to bed, I am still not sleeping with out my Lunesta. I better get used to it, its gonna be a year plus before I can go back on it. Having the baby in June, then 6 months to a year of nursing the baby = no medications except maybe my Cymbalta, which I go back on in 2 weeks. Finally. The stenosis is really rearing its ugly head, already. M bought me a new heating pad yesterday. I went grocery shopping with easy child S and got our hair cut, and by the time we got home I was in tears. I can't imagine what it will be like in a couple months. My new shoes came in yesterday also, maybe that will help too. I can only hope.

It's 50 degrees and raining here, but the temp is supposed to drop all day with freezing rain and snow tonight and overnight.

Already got dinner in the crockpot, a pot roast with carrots and potatoes, so that is already done.

easy child T's 12th birthday is tomorrow. That means 15 days til Christmas. OMG. We get to start decorating the house and tree this weekend. We never do any of it until after her birthday. She is making me crazy, I think it is all typical pre-teen stuff.... mouthy, back-talking, slamming doors. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great and productive day! Those of you in the warm areas, ENJOY.... and those of you in the snow, I'm so sorry!! I can't wait until Christmas to be in Florida!!!!

Hugs
Jan

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - I would love 61 degrees right now but like you, I probably would think it was too hot after adjusting to too cold.

Wiped Out - Using your foot on the shovel can injure it. I hope it feel better soon.

Tired Mommy - I hope Duckie feels better soon.

Timer - I hope KT finds it in her to go to school. Sorry your 2nd appointment was so awful.

Critter - 85 degrees is way too hot for me. The group home staff do not have the emotional connections that make managing difficult child harder for you. I do hope their consistency pays off and he can stay at that level home.

Woofens - Enjoy your quiet day. Pamper yourself today.

I wasn't going to get on this morning but I am so addicted! Today is 4 hours work then help with the 2nd graders then start preparing for Sunday School. I did two lessons last week and will do two lessons again this week. We will then have one Sunday of program practice and I will show a movie the last Sunday in December.

We are suppose to get 1 - 2 inches of snow today. I think after school we will try to find some Christmas lights that "sing" as difficult child puts it. Our musical lights gave out the last two years and it is very hard to find them in our town. If they are not in town, we should be able to find them at Menards in Fargo?

There was no PTL last night. I forgot that we don't have meetings in December.

Everyone have a great day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

TerryJ2

SharonLD, it was 60 here, too. I turned off the heat last night and slept with-the window open. I only slept about 3 hrs and of course feel like I have a hangov4er now.

SharonWipedOut, I love the snowangel icon! So sorry about your foot. I think you need thicker boots to shove that shovel. So sorry. Best of luck with-the Vyanase.

TM, so sorry about Duckie's cold. I hate colds. Poor thing.

Linda, I had to chuckle at the mall-for-school equation. Very clever. :) So sorry about the jerks at the appts. Makes my blood boil. Idiots.

Sheryl, I am so sorry your son isn't doing well. How frustrating. But as you say, you do not miss the chaos. I hear you! I've got my fingers crossed.

Aw, Jan, I'm so sorry about the stenosis and the lack of sleep. I have bone spurs in my neck so I have a feel (excuse the expression) for what you're going through. Minus the pregnancy, of course. Best of luck today catching a nap.

Andy, LOL! I'm addicted, too. I'm supposed to be sending you all Christmas cards! In regard to musical lights, I do a lot more via Internet now. I just hate driving around to look for things. Best of luck.

Today is difficult child's 12th birthday. We're seeing his new psychiatrist today (LOL--Happy quirky birthday, difficult child!) and then going out for sushi.