Grant Denied for Kanga

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by JJJ, Mar 24, 2008.

1. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

I got home from vacation with the 3 littles last night and the letter was here. We were denied the grant. I have been having overlapping panic attacks since then. We are going to appeal today, but I need to stop crying first...
  2. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

I am so very, very sorry. I wished I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. It really does seem that once we've adopted our children, nothing is really done to help them, at least for most of us. It usually takes threats of lawsuits and adoption disruption to get even minimal help. That is so very wrong.

Many, many hugs.
  3. wakeupcall

wakeupcall Well-Known Member

Oh, no, JJJ. I'm so sorry. Go ahead and have your cry, then put on your Warrior gear! We're right there with you!!!
  4. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

JJJ, I'm so sorry. I hope the appeal turns things around. Many gentle hugs coming your way.
  5. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I am keeping your warrior gear warm for you.

Giving you hugs while you cry. I am SO sorry.
  6. dcwsaranac

dcwsaranac I hear music...

I am so sorry. Big warm hugs. I'll be praying for you.
  7. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

I am so sorry--I hope the appeal works--
  8. Steely

Steely Active Member

OMG.........There are just no words. Just none. I am so, so sorry.

I know when you have purged your grief - your warrior armor will reappear - and you will find Kanga the perfect place. You will.

Hold on - don't lose hope.
    Sending strength and many hugs your way.
  9. navineja

navineja New Member

{{{ Hugs}}} and many hopeful thoughts coming to you.
  10. slsh

slsh member since 1999

OMG, JJJ. I'm stunned, truly. Absolutely gobsmacked.

A gentle hug to you. I'm just so saddened this is so doggone hard. I honestly thought she would be approved in a heartbeat.

Hang in there, hon. Sending you much strength.
  11. 'Chelle

'Chelle Active Member

I'm so sorry about this, was totally shocked when I saw this. I hope the appeal will turn things around.
  12. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

One more huge hurdle HUH??? I am so sorry. Some things I just don't get.
  13. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers, and a cloth to shine up your armor when you're ready to head out.
  14. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

I'm just stunned, too.

I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you and your family.
  15. Star*

Star* call 911

Call these people and tell them your story. I dont' know if P&A is the same in your state as it is here but...if it isn't then MAKE them tell you someone who will get involved on Kanga's behalf and help you.

Equip for Equality, Inc.
    20 North Michigan Avenue,
    Suite 300
    Chicago, IL 60602

Phone: (312) 341-0022
    TTY: (800) 610-2779
    FAX: (312) 341-0295
    Toll Free: (800) 537-2632 (nationwide)
    Web Page:
    Executive Director:
    Zena Naiditch
  16. house of cards

house of cards New Member

Or call your congressman, governor and on up. They will look into it. Sorry, post adoption is a mess.
  17. {{{{HUGS}}}} I am so sorry. I have been following you and Kanga's story and I really just feel for you. You are in my prayers.

18. Steely

Steely Active Member

Still thinking about you J. Just wondering if they gave a reason for denial? It all makes me SO mad! If only I had millions of dollars, oh the things that I would do!
  19. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts & prayers are with you. I know it has to be very difficult, but don't give up!!!!!!
  20. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

I'm flabbergasted! It's unbelievable that a difficult child who's symptoms are so very dangerous & in need of help can be denied.

Go for that appeal - raise cain! Lawyers, guns & money! (Okay - skip the guns.) Media!

Please know that you & your entire family are in my thoughts & have been daily.