Guys! I was diagnosed with Lyme's Disease!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Barbara, the doctor didn't even bother to test me. She took one look at the "mark" the tick made and got out her prescription pad. I guess it already looked like a tell-tale symptom. She said that Lyme Disease is rampant so she wasn't going to take any chances.

I'm allergic to penicillin so she wrote me a script for the alternate medication. She said it can sometimes be very hard on people's stomachs so I didn't fill it last night...(because I need to be at work today and didn't want to take any chances)...but will fill it and start it this weekend. I have a bad headache today. ugh. Wish me luck.

Suz

Gee Barb,

I think you have enlightened me a bit too much this afternoon :rofl:!!! Cacti (I didn't even know the plural for cactus before reading your latest comment) and saliva - I NEVER would have thought to mention them in the same breath before :rofl:!!!

However, I could have done without this interesting little "factoid" until much later today!!! I just got back from taking my favorite sanity saver for a ride near the ocean. We stopped for refreshments - She was good - had a nice big glass of water. And I, well, lets just say my shake was made with frozen yogurt instead of icecream... However, after reading your interesting "factoid", I'm not so sure it wants to stay down... :rofl:

I'm impressed though - Just one more reason why women are the superior sex!!!

Well, got to go - It's time to get back into reality - Time to pick up the difficult children at school...WFEN

scent of cedar

Wishing well with the antibiotic, Suz. My doctor told me I would start feeling better about a week after the antibiotics were begun. My father said it took more like two weeks and then, he began to feel stronger.

I am glad I posted about it. Who knows, maybe, like me, you would have thought it could never happen to you, and would have waited until you felt really sick to see the doctor.

So, here are some other interesting factoids from the book I am reading this morning, guys. (It's a cookbook. The Latin American Kitchen, by elisabeth luard.)

The burn from chilies and hot peppers trigger the body's production of endorphins ~ the same things responsible for the high runner's experience, and the same substances that are triggered when we are in pain. Fresh chilies contain six times the vitamin C oranges do.
Chilies are antiscorbutic (prevent scurvy), disinfectant, insect-repelling, and fever-reducing.

It is capsaicin, most concentrated in the white, pulpy material holding the pepper seeds, that is responsible for the chili's heat. Capsaicin, like oil, does not dissolve in water. That is why yogurt or milk are the best remedies for "too hot".

And finally, bees will incorporate the colors, fragrances ~ and the antibiotics, toxins and insecticides ~ of the flowers they make their honey from into the honey.

Well, just one more thing.

Dried chilis are anti-malarial, as the paprika-loving Hungarians discovered when they were employed to work on the Suez canal. Capsaicin, it turns out, actually functions as a defense mechanism against insect predators (WOODTICKS, I WONDER?)and is not destroyed by cooking, freezing, drying, or any other attentions, including (and here is another interesting thing some of us may have been wondering about) passing through the human digestive tract.

Well, now we know. :smile:

:reading:

Barbara

:bath: