Happiest Moment? (read/answer first please)

meowbunny

What has been your happiest moment?

To me, it was the day my daughter entered my life. The adoption was a nice, wonderful ceremony but the day I met her I knew this was my little girl forever and ever.

(After reading and replying to this thread, please read my thread on "Spouse First?")

DammitJanet

I cant say that the birth of my kids were the happiest days of my life. I think I have three episodes that would just about tie as my happiest moments.

1. the day Jamie graduated from boot camp and we were all there to see him. When he saluted my dad I lost it crying. So did my dad...lol. See...my dad and Jamie graduated Parris Island 60 years apart.

2 and 3 are the births of my precious grand daughters.

VickiL

Oh, Janet, I forgot about my granddaughter's birth...a tie with her dad's birth and her uncle's birth. It's been a rough week for me...

F

flutterbee

I'd like to say my happiest moment was the birth of my kids, but when my son was born I was just terrified. I had never even held a baby before and now I was responsible for one.

My happiest moment is when my 3 year old son so gently and lovingly held his baby sister for the first time. Nothing can beat that moment.

KTMom91

This really made me think...my pregnancy was so stressful because her father is such a jerk that when she was born, it was like one more step into the stress pool, so I can't call that my happiest moment. I would have to say my happiest moment was when Hubby and I got married, almost eight years ago. For the first time, I felt that I wasn't dragging my load alone.

janebrain

I have several happiest days--one was my 1st "date" with the kids' dad--it was one of those love at first sight things (he later died) and the days when my kids were born and then the day I married my husband (the kids' stepdad).
--Jane

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happiest moment? Hmmm, too many to count...I will just list a few.

About 4 years ago, apple picking with my two girls, H, my 'surrogate' son and my neice. We were riding on the hayride, the sunshine was perfect and we were all talking and laughing and smiling together. I spontaneously wept with tears of pure joy that we were all there on that beautiful day and so happy - we were like a 'family'. The kids, of course, laughed at my tears!

The day I married H when the JP had him repeat the line, "in sickness and in health" and we both smiled because we had already been there done that the previous year when I had to have emergency lung surgery and was incapacitated for weeks and weeks.

The day I realized, after the age of 30, that my mother had become one of my closest confidantes.

The day my easy child was born of course, and the day difficult child stopped her non-stop crying at 3 months of age.

The day it occurred to me that I was financially independent.

The day my exh told me he was sorry, nearly 12 years after we separated. He also said I was the best mother he ever met in his life.

This is an excellent thread for me today. I haven't posted much as I'm having a really awful time of things this week.

N

Nomad

It's hard to say....
Meeting my husband...getting married is way up there...probably tops the list.
Giving birth to my son is a close second.
The adoption of our child (difficult child) is very close in there.
When I had the light bulb moment that our son (knock on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder) was doing better after going through a difficult child period in high school, that was a great moment!

I see they are family related for me and for pretty much all of us.
As they say, "no one ever wished for more time at the office on their death bed!"

4sumrzn

Sure hope it doesn't make me a bad person to say....I looked at this post the 1st time, couldn't answer. I had to think about it. I should be able to shout it out as soon as someone asks that question, right?

I would have to say the day I got married & the birth of my son tie for first.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
You know after some thought on this one I am having difficulty. Because obviously todays happiest moment isn't the same as a couple of years agos. With that said the first time I held easy child. She is the only one of the three I gave birth to. The day I didn't have to be dependent on my mom for things any more (and sadly that wasn't all that long ago). The day I realized I found a good man that I actually want to grow old with. The day I realized I didn't need to live up to my dads expectations (because I already had....because he only expected me to be me and nothing more or less whatever came with that).

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Despite what 25 yrs of living with the man has done to alter my feelings, I'd have to say the day husband and I were married. I was head over heels, blindly in love. Following that, the births of my children, then grandchildren.

easy child's graduation from RN school runs a close second.

house of cards

I remember my childrens' birth as very painful and they seemed more the nurse's then mine in the hospital, I was blissfully happy when I nursed them in the middle of the night when all was quiet. With the adoptions, I was very happy walking OUT of the courthouse and I knew they were mine.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I can't really pick out one single moment. For starters though, I would have to say the birth of my siblings. I was 17, 20 and 23 3/4 when they were born and I had waited that long to have sibs. Also, my wedding day. I don't know if being terrified at court for difficult child's adoption would qualify! lol Granted we had had him for about 8 months prior to the adoption, but that day when the judge declared him ours, it finally occured to me. I was now OFFICIALLY the mother of and responsible for this little boy. Scared me to death! lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hands down, births of my kids (although for difficult child 1, it was also the scariest day of my life since he was so sick -- I guess the happy moment came when I got to hold him for the first time when he was 10 days old and finally off the heart/lung machine).

So Tired

For me it wasn't the birth of my daughter, it was leaving the hospital with her. I was being wheeled out in the wheelchair, holding her in her "leaving the hospital" outfit complete with the bonnet my sister and I had both worn. It was a beautiful sunny day and people were saying "congratulations" and "she's so beautiful" I felt like I had just won the lottery! I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have such a beautiful baby girl!

2nd moment: Teaching her how to ride a two wheel I bike. I remember running along beside her in that moment you let go..."I'm doing it! I'm doing it on my own!" she shouted. The joy and astonishment in her voice. My joy for her success....I guess that is the moment we strive for as parents. When they are "doing it on their own" and we are just running along beside them, catching them if they fall, honored to have helped them in their journey.

wakeupcall

I wanted to answer this without thinking about it any longer than just a fraction of a minute. I've been married 38 years....the relationship is okay, comfortable, I guess. husband let me down a few years ago and I've never really gotten over it. Our marriage from the beginning is one that just kept on and before anyone knew it, it had been YEARS. Of COURSE one of my happiest moments was when my two children were born and when we adopted difficult child. No doubt.

The happiest moment in my life? The day the love of my life (since age 15) called me on the phone after 30 years....missing me still (it was not husband). We were 47/48 years old when he made that phone call. Now ten years later, he still holds that spot. Yep, have to say that was the happiest moment......if we're only counting "moments".

Star*

call 911........call 911
I haven't had my happiest moment yet. I thought about this question and it has perplexed me for two days. I just didn't want to ignore this and not say anything - yet it really left me in a quandry.

So I guess to answer the question - I dont' know what my happiest day was. I think anyday I'm given to live and try to do better at being a decent human is a good and happy day.