Happy Sunday

pigless in VA

Bingo kicked SO out of the bed early this morning, because he wanted to snuggle me. Bingo is not much of a snuggler. Perhaps the air conditioning made him cold.

A mother cardinal built a nest in the shrub outside my kitchen window. The eggs have hatched and there are two silent baby bird mouths gaping inside. The mother cardinal is giving me the stink-eye.

I mowed some more of the backyard hay with the reel mower yesterday. I am nearly finished. By the time I am, it will be time to start the process all over again.

Candy has a chamber music recital today. My dad and his wife are supposed to attend. SO's sister and her friend are also supposed to attend.

We are having lunch today with my former father in law. He has been ill with bronchitis but still wants to see his grandchildren. I wonder if he will say anything.

Summer has arrived, and it is hot and sticky outside. We're supposed to have a lot of thunderstorms today.

pasajes4

It is not supposed to rain today. My house looks lovely with the new linen colour on the walls. It is very inviting. I should have done this ages ago. My wallet is just about empty. I do not relish people tromping through my house. I would not even think about selling except this is just to big for one person.

I have located a condo in a very desirable part of town. The location is ideal and the buildings and grounds are stately with beautiful oaks and water features. It is 2 bed 2 bath with features that are old age friendly. The residents are my age for the most part and seem very friendly most seem to have small dogs. I am very interested. There is shopping and a variety of dining establishments in walking distance.

pigless in VA

pasa, that sounds really nice. I wish my parents had down-sized. They have an enormous house full of stuff and many long staircases. Both of them have deteriorating health, and I don't know what they will do when one of them cannot handle all those steps.

KTMom91

Good morning!

It is only supposed to be 102 today, so we are finishing the grocery shopping early. I have laundry to do, to get ready for next week, but other than that, we have nothing planned.

I think I'm working tomorrow, for a friend. I don't work for strangers during the last two weeks of school. I've learned that is not a pleasant situation.

Currently reading The Girls by Emma Cline. Kind of a take off on the Manson clan from a member's perspective. Very interesting. I still have the review to write for June.

Stay cool, stay dry, and have a super Sunday!

Scent of Cedar *

I am reading Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs: The Astounding Interconnectedness of the Universe. It's non-fiction, and a little bit of a hard read, so I am re-reading Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurty, too. I love that book, and that writer. It is good to have daytime books, and books to read before sleep.

A beautiful day here. I am (I think I am) doing the groundwork for a new rock garden today. (Every plant survived the Weed & Feed. Yay! They all were set back by it, but are coming back so beautifully.)

I am wearing my glasses more often, now.

:)

In the cycles of nature we are so aware of here, dragonflies are soon to emerge from the water. They will molt the nymph form a final time once they are on dry land, and emerge as dragonflies. Thinking about that last week, I looked for a YouTube to share here. I think I will look for one anyway and share it here, but in my YouTube explorations, I learned that the mosquito-eating dragonflies I always thought were so amazing are voracious hunters during the aquatic phases of their lives, too.

Of fish.

That is pretty freaking voracious, you guys.

The dragonflies here are bigger than the damselflies shown in this video. When we first moved here, and there were all these cast off, multiple-legged forms clinging to everything, I believed them to have come from spiders.

Big ones.

:eek:

Here is the video.

Have a nice day and evening, everyone.

Cedar

Scent of Cedar *

The nymphs here are about three inches long, maybe two and a half. And they look exactly like this:

7638e54aa7c099d1f4c394a20bc7739f.jpg

BusynMember

Hi all and thanks for your news !

Very tired and lazy here, almost as tired as little dog Chloe resting beside me. But can't nap

We are celebrating Jumpers 20th birthday today so she and her boyfriend will be here after they finish painting her dresser. They just moved to a townhouse near her campus and his job. So...about an hour. Then we get Sonic too. A family day.

Jumper hates anyone singing happy birthday to her so we don't, but we bought a cake she will love...it looks like a basketball. Next year maybe we'll do a police officer cake. She will be close to graduating then.

When did my husband and I get so old...lol. Wasn't Jumper just an infant? Sonic is about to turn 23 in August. Worse, Bart will be 38 in November. But not before I turn 63.

I feel so young. It doesn't make sense...

I can't believe my baby is 20.

Sunny day. Cool. Beautiful.

Bestest Sunday to all! Celebrate life!! It rocks :)

Last edited:

Copabanana

I have located a condo in a very desirable part of town. The location is ideal and the buildings and grounds are stately with beautiful oaks and water features. It is 2 bed 2 bath with features that are old age friendly. The residents are my age for the most part and seem very friendly most seem to have small dogs. I am very interested. There is shopping and a variety of dining establishments in walking distance.
This sounds fantastic, PASA.