he dumped the eggs on the floor

susiestar

Roll With It
Has he ever had a complete evaluation? It certainly sounds like more than just ADD, but I am not a doctor. If it is more than ADD you only have 2 years to get things done.

I am so sorry for your loss, and my prayers go out to your husband, kids and self.

I do wonder why he was up at 2am making eggs. Could it be the munchies caused by drugs? It might be worthwhile to test him.

I am so sorry you have to deal with him and the death at the same time.

(((((HUGS)))))

Susie

KateM

I am sorry to hear of your father in law's passing. Prayers and thoughts with you at this time.

Did your difficult child come home last night? I was thinking the same as Susie -- are drugs or alcohol involved?

So sorry you are dealing with this on top of everything else.

gottaloveem

Sorry to hear about your father in law's death.

I agree that it sounds more than ADD ( of course I'm not a doctor. either)

Have you looked in the teen and substance abuse forum and read the 34 signs your teen is using drugs???? If you haven't please do, and be honest with yourself while your asking yourself the questions.

As I was reading your post, I was thinking drugs. Susiestar mentioned the munchies from pot. Why else would he be up at 2 am cooking breakfast?

Once drugs enter the picture, it makes things very nasty. That could be why you are having trouble with him.

busywend

Ugh, that would have infuriated me - but I am a bit Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about my brand new carpeting and my difficult child knows it.

My difficult child loves to eat in the middle of the night. Makes me crazy. Fortunately I do not wake up most times. Cooking would set me off due to the possibility of leaving the stove on or something dangerous.

I hope he shows up soon. It will be tense. I think you will have to ask him what he was feeling/thinking. Also explain what reaction you think is typical when a Gpa dies. He may not even know what to say/think/do.
Also explain how you were feeling when he dumped the plate and why it made you so furious.

DammitJanet

Personally I dislike the teen years because even easy child's lose their minds. I dont blame you for flipping out and making him clean up his mess. It couldnt have been any uglier than it would be here if that happened.

I agree he could be acting out more right now in response to several things. Grandpa's death, his dad being a jerk to you, and just hormones...but he has been acting this way for awhile now hasnt he?

Whatever the cause, behavior was unacceptable. It could be drugs or it could be something else. It doesnt always have to be drugs to eat in the middle of the night because I do it sometimes and I am definitely not on illegal drugs...lol.