Hello all

rita

Blast from the past here, looked in archives and my last post seems to be 2008 with my first visit being in 1996 or 97 if I recall ..wow long ago. Not sure if anyone I know still posts here but see DammitJanet is hosting this forum "hi"
Life has certainly seen its share of ups and downs for our family , difficult child is 29 now.
Well obviously if I am back here difficult child must be causing his gfgness again or still...aaargh
Anyhow hi to all hope to see some old friends , meet some new ones.

peace rita

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello Rita, how amazing to see you! I have missed seeing you signing off "peace Rita"! It is good to see you, although I'm sorry it's difficult child-ness that has brought you back. My difficult child has been in Australia for almost two years now, and I don't think I can complain. Having him on the other side of the world is doing wonders for our relationship!
Love, Esther

rita

Esther hi how wonderful to see you and searching round the forums I see many names from back in the times. difficult child is in Australia! wow what is he doing there? I hope all is well with you Esther. difficult child moved back with me when husband got ill he passed in 2010. It was a good thing at the time, to have him home but we have somehow melded back into our co-dependancy ways. Tonight I couldn't sleep a multitude of thoughts running through my mind brought on by an incident at home here. I often in my work recommend this site as a resource for parents and am so thankful for the love and support received here over the years. Maybe I will send J to the other side of the world if that is what works :) just like the old days someone always has an answer lol

DammitJanet

Rita! oh my heavens, long time no see. Yeah I inherited this forum a few years ago. They will have to pry it away...lol. It gives my life meaning. Funny story, I got very sick a few years ago and ended up in a coma. The first words I said werent my kids names or my SO's name, the first words I said were "the board." The nurses couldnt figure out what in the world I was talking about until my family explained.

Things are going pretty well on my end now. The boys are all relatively okay. 4 grandkids now - 3 girls and one boy. I feel so old...lol.

So tell us all that is going on. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. We have had several members lose their spouses in the last couple of years too. I dont know if you remember Timer Lady or DaisyLover(hound dog- Lisa) but their husbands have died in the last few years too.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
So nice to see you again Rita :) Am sorry about your loss of husband. And that you are still doing the difficult child song and dance..sigh

Marcie

DDD

Welcome back. It doesn't seem as though it has been years since your last post, lol, but I guess we all have such fluid lives that a family member can "go missing" for awhile with-o causing alarm, lol. Sorry about your loss. Hugs DDD

Tiredof33

Rita,
I'm new, also sorry to hear of the loss of your hubby. I am also still doing the difficult child song and dance! He is threatening suicide if I don't send money. Then 2 more texts that I don't love him and will never hear from him again. Reminds me of the 'last chance' mail I receive over and over lol!

My difficult child fights with his difficult child girlie and threatens suicide and cuts himself. OMG they both love the way out there drama! At 34 my difficult child is the ultimate Peter Pan, I don't know what in the heavens above she is!!!

I thought mine had turned his life around, but right now I think it's worse than ever. He plans to attend college for a 4 year degree - the thought of who will be supporting him hasn't occurred - but it will not be me.

I had always thought that my difficult child would grow up and now I think at his age he is going to be like this forever (sigh). My heart goes out to the ones just starting this adventure, it is not for the faint of heart.

(((blessings for us all)))

katya02

Solace
Hi Rita, I've been around off and on for some years ... just came back myself. Sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, and that difficult child has continued the song and dance ... mine also continues. I guess there's nothing new under the sun ...

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Welcome back Rita,.......good to meet you........ I'm a relative newbie as well, however, I guess no matter, we all share the difficult child song and dance.........sorry yours has continued. I read your post in SA, all I can say is WHEW............I'm sorry for the loss of your husband, you've really been through the mill for the last few years....................I hope you find peace.............welcome home...............

witzend

Welcome back, Rita! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My L is 29 as well, and we got so sick of it all that we moved from Oregon to North Carolina and left no forwarding address. Maybe if your difficult child won't fly the coop, you can!

Seriously, though, I knew a lady in a similar situation with her adult son. He wouldn't leave and she was ready to be something other than a mom after 30 years. She listed and sold her house and moved into an over 55 community. She "couldn't take him with her". It ended up that the sheriff had to essentially evict him for the new owner. He kept coming back for "his stuff".

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi Rita,

So Glad to have you back, wish it were under better circumstances. Sorry to hear about your husband. ----So your difficult child is 29 and brought you back to us huh? Well you're in good company anyway. Dude is 22, and lots of life happened in between. Good to see you again!

Hugs & Love
Star

Welcome back rita. I'm sorry about the loss of your husband and that your difficult child is still up to his old tricks. I've been here since 2005, I doubt you remember me. -Alyssa

addie

Hi there! Suz notified me of your post .... Thanks!!!
good to hear from you .... But what's up with difficult child?
Actually, I should read the rest of this thread and perhaps you have said some more.
Its lovely to have blasts from the past. Stay in touch!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello Rita, so sorry to hear you have lost your husband. It's lovely to see you. It's strange to think our difficult child's are still difficult child's at every age. It's just better for me to not have difficult child in the house. He is doing ok but independence is still a distant dream. Welcome back and hope things improve.