Help! I'm the mother of a high schooler!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
How did this HAPPEN?! I went to bed last night and woke up today the mother of a kid in HIGH SCHOOL!!! :surprise:

Today is our first day back. difficult child 1 is supposed to have 0 period for orchestra at 6:50am, but we weren't sure if he's really supposed to show up because this is a brand new school and they have instructed ALL students to gather for 1st period at 8:15am in the gym today. Parents are then going on a tour of the campus while each teacher takes their class to their assigned location (we're still in portables since the classroom building isn't yet finished with construction).

I just checked the website (thankfully) and he won't report to 0 period until Thursday this week (whew), so the lucky duck gets to sleep in today! :sleeping:

husband and I, however, got up at 5:30am in anticipation of the earlier start. So he made pancakes and I'm still absorbing my coffee. :bloodshot::coffee:

difficult child 2 also starts at a new school today -- middle school!

And easy child is going to a new place also because she's now in the gifted program and we decided she'd be better off at the district magnet.

Well, it's time to get the first one up and ready to go (easy child). Thankfully, they all have start times that are about an hour apart. Plus having husband home (for now) will help with the transportation schedule until I get things better coordinated on my own.

Wish us luck today! :peaceful:

M

ML

I hope it is a great first day for her. Manster just started his third week of 5th grade and his ochestra (violin) day is also Thursday. He's so excited. It's a new year, brand new start and the struggles of yesterday are in the past. We have to try hard not to project them onto the new year. GL and hugs ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, ladies! :)

Well it seems like they all had a good day today. difficult child 2 was the most enthusiastic, followed by easy child, and difficult child 1 really didn't have much to say. I think I need to cut back on his Daytrana a little more. He just seems too reserved lately, and he didn't eat his lunch today either. I'm sure he's very tired from Disneyland yesterday and having to get up earlier than noon today! :p difficult child 2 even remembered to go to the office for his medications (YAY!) at lunchtime.

The schedules are a little crazy and will take some time to learn. easy child has a short day every Wednesday, so I have to remember to pick her up an hour earlier than usual. And on Monday's difficult child 2 has a late start. difficult child 1's orchestra schedule is very confusing... they meet M, T, Th for 0 period, and on alternating Mondays they only meet after school! :crazy2:

We start carpooling to difficult child 2's school tomorrow, and I have the a.m. segment of the trip -- which means after dropping easy child off at school, I come back home to get difficult child 2, then we head back out to get his classmate and drive to the other side of town. The classmate's dad will be bringing them home, so that simplifies my afternoons considerably.

Jena

good luck!! High school is very exciting!! it is scary right?? you wake up and wonder what happened to my little kid?? :)

hope the day is awesome for all!!
mine just started 11th grade today, next year she graduates..........wow yup scary stuff. you two are cute getting up so early!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think you need to color code your calendar by child, lol! Glad everyone had a good day. :)

On ONE of our calendars, I actually do that! But it's one of those dry erase ones that husband insisted I buy... it's too hard to keep it current because every time I try to write on it, my hand smudges something below and I have to redo it.

I prefer my regular old wall calendar, but I may have to buy a large paper desk calendar and use that instead.

So DAY #2 has gotten off to a pretty good start. I leave in about 10 minutes with difficult child 2 to collect our carpool rider and head off to their school. Then I have about 4.5 hours free before I have to pick up easy child. I'm thinking I'll take a nap today! :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
Florence Henderson didn't have NOTHING on Mah girlfriend....:tongue:

I have Vertigo now....thanxx. :sick: (note to self - send sticky notes and colored markers to GCV for October birthday) ;) - scratch that.

Send lottery ticket.....and pray real hard we win so there's a trip to that island in the middle of the bay where the buffalos roam. :angel3:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I purchased the large paper desk calendar and sharpened up my colored pencils tonight! It's very pretty now, and very organized :D Now if I can just train everyone in my family to actually LOOK at the calendar, we might actually pull this off!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I still think my idea of the lottery ticket and camping trip to that island is much better!:tongue:!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh SHOOT! I forgot to buy my lottery ticket tonight in honor of susiestar's lucky birthday!

Well, after MY summer of camping (thankyouverymuchfortheclaustrophobiaMr.Bear), I'll PASS on the camping trip -- but they DO have B&B's on that buffalo island (if you're talking 'bout the one near me). I took the kids over there last summer for a day trip with my uncle and cousin (difficult child 2's age). We had a lot of fun. Hiked to the botanical garden and the Wrigley Memorial (yup, THAT Wrigley of the chewing gum fame). Kids went swimming in the harbor (water was cold). Then took the boat back home and saw dolphins on the way back. :D

tiredmommy

I use a large desk calendar as well. I hang it on hooks from the side of my refrigerator, in plain view. No one else looks at it, but at least I know what's going on.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I would need a whole wall chart for your schedule.
OY!

I have to write ours down in 4 place to almost get it right! LOL

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, and none of this includes our soccer practice and game schedules for all three kids!

And I wonder why housework takes last place on my to-do list... :raspberry: