How do I do a quote?

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by myeverything04, Jan 13, 2012.

1. myeverything04

myeverything04 New Member

I tried to find this in the resource area but couldn't. Then I tried to 'reply to with a quote' and it didn't do what I thought it would.
    Can anyone explain how I can reply using a quote from a previous post?
    Thanks

2. TeDo

TeDo Guest

Put QUOTE inside SQUARE brackets at the beginning of the quote and /QUOTE inside SQUARE brackets at the end. They have to be typed EXACTLY as I've typed them. If you do reply with quote, make sure you do not delete any part of either of these things. One little thing and it will mess up the WHOLE thing.

Lasted edited by : Jan 13, 2012
  3. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

When you are entering your post - assuming you haven't gone to the "advanced" editor - there is a row of icons right above the typing space. The second-last icon on the right, is the "quote" icon.

If you click on that icon, it puts the quote strings in for you, and you just put your text in between...
    [ QUOTE] [ /QUOTE] (I added spaces so you can see what the quote button does)
    .............^............... your text goes where the ^ points to.

4. buddy

buddy New Member

I had this problem too.... For some reason it was hard for me to figure it all out and LOTs of members tried to help me so I will say how I do it and between us you can pick the way you like, LOL

1. If you want to quote the entire post someone has put up, and then to reply use the "reply with Quote" bubble below the person's post. Then start typing under or above the part that shows the

5. myeverything04

I had this problem too.... For some reason it was hard for me to figure it all out and LOTs of members tried to help me so I will say how I do it and between us you can pick the way you like, LOL

6. myeverything04

Yeah!!!! I think I figured it out!! Thanks everyone!!

7. buddy

buddy New Member

:musicdance: hallelluia!