How do you watch them leave without falling apart?

Nancy

She's here Fran. I posted another thread about having no place to live. Living with the girlfriend didn't work because the dad wouldn;t let her move into the house. While I was on my shopping trip with easy child she came home to get her things and that's when she found out she had no place to go to. So husband told her she could stay here, pay to have her car fixed, get her own insurance on it since we will not have her driving under ours, and find a place to live as long as she remained sober and came home at night.

We are taking it one day at a time. If she stays out or drinks she is not welcome to come home. I have no hope that she can remain sober since she is not in the program and not attending AA. It's seems to only be a matter of time but it's important we get her out of our insurance and with transportation so she can continue working.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
Nancy, you MUST call your insurance agent ASAP. Not every state will let you have an adult living in the home who is NOT on your insurance. Basically they get included on your insurance whether you want it or not regardless of if they can pay for the insurance. You need to make SURE that your state will allow you to separate yourself from her liability if she is going to be in your home. Here if she would stop paying her insurance she would be automatically included on yours (increasing the cost dramatically) and if she was in an accident with-o insurance the liability could be YOURS, putting even ownership of your home in jeopardy.

You probably have asked about this, but I want you to be sure of the rules before she has an accident and you end up in a world of hurt.

(((((hugs)))))

T

toughlovin

Is this true even if she is using her own car? I would think the car insurance would be tied to the car and not the home. So you can't have separate car insurance for a person driving your car....but if she had her own car I would think she would have her own insurance. Is that not the way it works in some states?

H

HaoZi

Some states you have to choose to either include or exclude a person old enough to be licensed. All states are different regarding liability for uninsured drivers using someone else's vehicle.