How is it Monday?????

F

flutterbee

Sounds like a rhetorical question, doesn't it? That's what I thought, too. Not when it comes from difficult child. She expected - no, demanded - an answer as if I have some control over time and space. :faint:

And how do you answer that question? Time marches on....the days flow from one to another....just because you think it should be Sunday doesn't mean the calendar is going to agree with you....

And just in case that wasn't enough.... She asks when we can pick up Abbey from the vet (she was spayed today). I said between 6 and 7. Well, that's not going to work, she says, because she has a guitar lesson at 7 (now that we've determined it is, in fact, Monday). We'll pick Abbey up at 6, bring her home and get to her guitar lesson at 7. That's not possible, she says, there's drive time. I look at her. It's 10 minutes tops to the vets and 5 minutes to guitar lessons. No, it's not, difficult child exclaims. It's way longer than 5 minutes to the lesson....I've been in the car and it's way longer than 5 minutes.

I stare at her. Tell her we'll time it tonight. Sheesh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - NOW I HAVE heard EVERYTHING....lol

(drumming fingers and raising left eyebrow)

So it's WYNTERSGRACE's fault that MONDAY IS HERE????

AAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhh
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ROFLMBO.

:whiteflag:i give uncle.....i give.....

Heather,

How did you do that?

And if you CAN do that, then next week, could we just skip Mondays altogether?

Thanks in advance. (keeping secrets from us...sheesh...)

F

flutterbee

Uh-huh. You two are a couple of brats. Now I know why difficult child thinks I can control time. She's been talking to the two of you! :please:

I wish I had a micro-smidgen of the power she thinks I have. I would be the ALL-POWERFUL WYNTERSGRACE! :hearye:

Hmmmm....wonder if I would use that power for good or evil? :devil:

I think maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night.

everywoman

Whew! I've been wondering who to blame for Mondays. Thanks to your difficult child now I know. It is all Wyntergrace's fault!!! Thanks for not being able to stop time on Sunday---or skip over Monday and going straight til Tuesday!

meowbunny

been there done that -- I just tell mine it's just karma's fault that Monday is here again. Who knows, maybe one day she'll look up the meaning of karma? Until then, she has someone to blame besides me.

Guess if karma doesn't work, I'll tell her to talk to you the next time she complains about the day of the week.

Hope you managed to pick up Abbey and make the guitar lesson on time. If not, I'll hold your hand while she blames you.

F

flutterbee

easy child and I picked up Abbey and we were home by 6:15 and was greeted by a pacing difficult child. I had a friend of easy child's take her to her lesson cause I'm just feeling lousy today.

She was worried that she was going to be late to the lesson at 6:15. :rolleyes: She'll never admit to me being right.

And, MB, don't you be sending difficult child's twin to me for explanations. A girl can only take so much. ;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's nice to know who to blame for Mondays!

Actually my difficult child has no concept of time. He has an incredibly hard time with it. Five minutes to him might as well be an hour.

F

flutterbee

Sharon - difficult child has no concept of time either. As the neuropsychologist so eloquently put it, 'she gets lost in space and time'.

First, I'm responsible for time and for it being Monday. Then, there is no way I can pick up Abbey AND get her to her lesson on time.

She gives me the power, then she takes it away!

I can't win with this child.

meowbunny

Heather, think of it this way -- if I sent you mine, she's already gone through the all-powerful phase. Now I'm too dumb to know anything, let alone be responsible for anything happening. The other day she almost gave me a heart attack by saying it was HER fault she overslept.

Marguerite

Wynter'sgrace, are you responsible for the International Date Line too? Then maybe you can sort out part of the time problem by ending difficult child Down Under to get an advance on Time. I mean, It's almost Wednesday here. Hang on, the clock just ticked over...

Marg