How many

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
chicken places are there? I have never seen so many different ones. I was trying to choose dinner and went for a drive. I wanted something we don't have at home. I saw Kfc, Church's, Popeyes, Zaxeys (sp), Raisin cain, Cajun chicken places. I was dumbfounded. I didn't know there were that many chains of chicken places much less that they would be in the same town.

I have eaten Krystal burgers and at Waffle House (I love them wish they were farther north). It is so interesting to see the differences in different areas.

beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Where I live there are only two, KFC and Popeyes. Where husband is from there is a really good one called Lee's Famous Recipe-yummm.

donna723

Where I live it's so little we don't even have a chicken place! We thought we had hit the big time when we got a Sonic and a Subway!

susiestar

Roll With It
Lee's went out of business here.

We have KFC - yucky unclean place here AND very expensive, popeyes (LOVe them), charlies - BIG chicken chunks for cheap, but that is all. Oh,and the grocery stores have chicken for sale.

Star*

call 911........call 911
KFC
Popeyes (cajun tasting)
Churches
Zaxbys
Zestos
Wings and Ale
Wild Wings Cafe
Wendys
Chic Filet
Burger King
Maurices BBQ
Sunny's BBQ
Golden Coral

I'm with you - how many ways CAN you do a ------OMG I am SO SORRY HERBERT!!!!!

(whispers in Seussian)

We eat chicken here or there
We eat chicken anywhere
:laugh:

DammitJanet

The ones I personally know about and have seen are KFC, BoJangles, Popeyes, Blimpies, Chick father in law A, Churches Fried Chicken, Chicken and Biscuits, Hardees, and of course, the grocery store chains.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, gawd...I'm having nightmares right now about eating chicken.:faint::faint: You're making me relive the day I had to work in the meat department cutting them up all day long.:nonono::grrr:

husband took me to a good old fashioned WI fish fry the other night. I thought I was going to throw up at the smell.:help:

I'll stick to my tofu, thank you.:thumbsup:

One I didn't see on the list is Buffalo Wild Wings. I think husband and easy child own stock in the company by now.

Abbey

KTMom91

We just got a Chick father in law A in town. We have several KFCs, one Popeye's, and that's it for the chicken.

trinityroyal

We have:
KFC
Popeye's -- only a few of these
A&W Chubby Chicken. A&W is actually a burger joint, but they also make fried chicken
Used to have Church's chicken at Wendy's, but they went out of business years ago.

Now if you want to talk about PIZZA places, I could give you a long long list...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
STAR!!! I've covered Herbert's delicate little feathered ear openings... for shame!

:rofl:

easy child/difficult child 3 REFUSES to eat chicken now and has a fit any time anyone around her says they're ordering chicken to eat... Too funny! My mom's freaked she's gonna turn into some kinda PETA nut-case. easy child says she's only abstaining from chicken while we have Herbert in the family. :D Thank goodness she hasn't brought home a cow!

Lothlorien

You have a lot more chicken places in the mid-west and the south then we have, here in the northeast. We have pizza places every other block.

I grew up in a 1 square mile town and I once counted 27 pizza places in that town.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
No one here has mentioned HOOTERS??!!!

Believe it or not, if you can get past gawking at semipubescent girl waitresses in tight tshirts and bright orange Daisy Dukes, they make some really good Hotwings.

Up here in the town who's new claim to fame is being only slightly larger than Wasilla ,AK, we have no chicken joints at all.

Our KFC went out of business and was replaced by Arbies.

Chicago, where I'm originally from, has KFC, Hooters, Wild Wings, Churches, Browns (excellent breaded 'shrooms), and a couple of others I can't remember at the moment.