How/why

everywoman

There is a national case going on right now that is centered in my area. Somehow I have gotten placed smack dab in the middle of it. One of my students gave me some information yesterday that I had to share with law enforcement. 5 plain clothes came today and removed me from class to question me. How in the world do I get myself in these situations and why do I always find out this stuff?

nvts

How DO you get in the middle of this stuff? Are you ok, or are they trying to implicate you in something? You've made me a little nervous for you here! Are they considering you the good guy?

Aaaaaggggghhhh! You're making me think hard!

Beth

DammitJanet

Hmmm....now I am curious...lol. Only major major case I can think of centered out of MB in the last two weeks. Thats about as obscure as I can make it...lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
As a teacher you are required by law to report anything 'suspicios.' If that was the case, they're probably just gathering information. been there done that. I had one at my last school where a very respected teacher violated a student many states away. The feds questioned anyone associated with the teacher, meaning the entire staff. He was extrodicted and convicted. Now sits in a Texas prison.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Ohhhhh Abbey...I didnt think of that. That could really be it. With the age of the person involved in the case I mentioned..hmmm...could well involve a high school student or teacher though I pray it doesnt involve a teacher. I hope it is all innocent (the involvement with EW's school). If its the case I am thinking of it is pretty intense around here. I know it has made some national attention.

DammitJanet

Just saw the Brittanie Drexel case on tv and saw Georgetown High as a backdrop. Most of the people in Georgetown said they couldnt imagine what their small town could have to do with the case because they are a laid back small town and they hope they go back to being a little town real fast...lol. That tickled me.

I would be surprised to find her down there myself.

Considering the facts of this case and the length of time she has been missing, I am worried about the outcome. We really dont have horrible missing person/teen crimes on this beach. It is a pretty safe beach. We get the usual stupid drunk person who does something dumb and gets hurt but not a whole lot of missing people. Normally the missing are found to be family related.

This is a kid who rebelled against mom and snuck down here with friends from NY and stayed in a hotel with friends. Obvious partying going on. Some questions about how she was getting back and some boy left in middle of the night without a word leaving his belongings and not getting his deposit back. He has made multiple stories up and now has a lawyer I believe. I dont know where the girlfriends are that she went down with. They dont talk about them. I would want to know about them myself. After combing this area as much as they have...and it really isnt that big an area...I would think she isnt there anymore.