husband called the psychiatrist!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Woooo-hooooooooo!!!

I was in the room when husband called the psychiatrist's office and left a message specifically asking for something to replace the Paxil because the things it was helping with before are back (or something along those lines).

I am SOOOOO relieved he did this. And I didn't have to say a word to him about it! Add that to my list of thanks...

Jena

ok that's a nice thanksgiving day gift for you!! I know you were so worried about that!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, they've told him to just restart the Paxil at 20mg for a week (he was at 40mg before).

Of course, since he hasn't yet started it, he's still argumentative. He is whining this morning that he doesn't "get" anything out of taking medications. That it's just the people around him who benefit. His life isn't any better (in his opinion). He LIKES feeling the highs and lows, and on Paxil and even ADHD medications he says he feels flat. He feels like he has no opinion of anything and just goes with the flow when he's on medications. He says I get everything I want and he gets nothing. Off medications, he says he has strong opinions and is passionate about things and expresses them.

My whole point is that his family's life is MUCH less stressful when he's on medications. And his kids are happier, too. Not sure if this is registering with him. He is very self-centered right now. He just went upstairs to take a nap and it's only 11:30am. And I was the one up until 2:30am because of the roof, and I've still got lots of cleaning to do and food to start prepping... grrrrrr.

klmno

That is great- not only that he called himself and asked for this, but he obviously noticed himself that he wasn't acting/feeling the way he had been. That goes a long way, in my book. It will probably take at least a few days, if not a couple of weeks, before things get a lot better, but at least you know he's making every effort and they will get better.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

mom_in_training

Awwww thats awesome. :) Geeze from that sounds of it he was having a hard time himself dealing with his mood changes and anger. I am so glad that he realized that and took action. You have yourself a keeper.... :)

I can't even imagine how my son felt being angry all of the time when he was going through his medication change... Yikes!!! I advocate for him bigtime though and we got through it. He cannot communicate with me to tell me how or what he feels so I pretty much go by what I observe as well as my thinking on how I would feel having to deal with myself being angry everyday. (I would hate it!!!) Geeze what a misrable feeling. So glad he did that. Whooo-Hooo. :)